The Planted Tank Forum banner

how many 2 liter bottles?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ronnie6989 
#1 ·
Whats going on....... I have a 25 gal tank and want to know how many 2 liter bottles for co2 should I hook up together to get a close level of co2 in tank.

Tks Ronnie

#2 ·
I used 3 of them on my 29 which was pretty heavily planted. I tied them all together using a check valve on each one so that you don't lose pressure in the whole line when you disconnect one to swap out. I changed one bottle every weekend in rotation. For me they seemed to produce for about 3 weeks, so that's how I ended up with that rotation.

#4 ·
How much CO2 you need depends on how much light you have. If you only have low light, you can get a very noticeable improvement with just one bottle, but the fluctuating CO2 output might lead to more algae than you would have otherwise. For medium light, I think 2 bottles would be enough, and the CO2 fluctuation would be less also. More light than that and I'm not sure that even 3 bottles would work well, considering that you would still have some fluctuation in the CO2 output, and might see more algae than you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.