Eheim 2215 impellet in a 2217?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 01-28-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
Loumeer
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Eheim 2215 impellet in a 2217?

Ok so I might have gotten a bit overzealous with my filtration. I bought an eheim 2217 to filter my 20L. Now the flow is making the tank crazy even with a custom spraybar that I made. Currently I have the outflow limited by about 1/3 of a turn but I am afraid I am putting a lot of stress on the motor. Can I switch out the 2217 impeller with that of a 2215 to reduce the flow or would this be a bad idea?
Loumeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loumeer View Post
Ok so I might have gotten a bit overzealous with my filtration. I bought an eheim 2217 to filter my 20L. Now the flow is making the tank crazy even with a custom spraybar that I made. Currently I have the outflow limited by about 1/3 of a turn but I am afraid I am putting a lot of stress on the motor. Can I switch out the 2217 impeller with that of a 2215 to reduce the flow or would this be a bad idea?
Yes, you can, perfectly fine. Unfortunately, it will still be pretty high in flow. Here is a thread on it:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=63687
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote