The Lazarus Project
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 03-23-2013, 01:36 AM   #1
Samhain

PTrader: (0/0%)

The Lazarus Project

Well, here's the intro to my new planted tank! I just planted today, although I'm actually three weeks into the tank set up. Fishless cycle is complete, the first few fish are in, and now I'm just waiting for my plants to grow!

It's going to be a Dutch style scape, with the driftwood to eventually be covered in the baby tears. I know the driftwood is a little to the left of what would seem "right", but just to the right of it, nestled between its "feet" I have a red tiger lotus bulb just starting to sprout. Hopefully, that's going to be the focal point, not the driftwood itself.

I'm really excited about this tank, as it's my first foray into planted freshwater! I call this my Lazarus project, as the tank was previously home to a reef that crashed due to a sandstorm caused by a faulty powerhead. Everything in there except one fish and 2 corals died, so this is a resurrection of sorts! I also have a 90 gallon reef and a 10 gallon reef, so I'm not new to aquariums, just planted ones.....
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 03:09 AM   #2
hunterlook
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Love the plant variety, It's going to look fantastic grown in! Also, I think the scape looks fine as is, once those plants on either side of the empty space grow in, they will hang over the area and make a sort of pathway for the fish to congregate.
hunterlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:59 AM   #3
thelub

PTrader: (13/100%)

Sorry to hear about your crash. That is a very respectable "resurrection"
thelub is offline   Reply With Quote