Mail order Plant Packages for the 60g Cube.
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Plants

Old 01-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
XCW-500
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Mail order Plant Packages for the 60g Cube.

Have received and plan to set up the 60 gallon cube this week. Currently leveling and plumbing, hope to have it underwater by Friday.
Will be using a Tom Barr Lower Light No C02 approach.
Need some plants to get things rolling.
Considering something like the packages below as I am just looking to get the tank rolling. Eventually It will be occupied by probably some rainbows and other schoolers like tetras, and maybe a few algae killers and some shrimp.
I just want to get the ball rolling and the eco system started so I am looking for a package of plants as i really don't know what direction i will take the scaping eventually.

Mail order cost seems reasonable and just going to the LFS and randomly picking plans myself is not going to work.

Any comments or on these or pointers to other vendors who have similar packages of interest that may work for me would be appreciated.

I am considering something like these:
http://www.freshwateraquariumplants.com/PAP/57GDLL.html
Or
http://www.freshwateraquariumplants.com/PAP/57GSP.html\
Or
http://www.azgardens.com/p-124-south...60-gallon.aspx
Or
http://www.azgardens.com/p-131-tropi...60-gallon.aspx
XCW-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Dx3Bash
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)

The first and third link you provide look nice. Should do well in low light/low tech. I just received an order from http://www.aquariumplants.com/ Nice thing about ordering from them is you pick out what you want. Also be prepared to spend countless hours on the internet researching all the plants they sell as there are so many to choose from.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
ADJAquariums
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

Alright, first things first, Look at the SnS section of the forum, you can get way more variety and at a better cost, i really suggest you message Gordon, he sells high quality plants at a good price.

Then I saw it. I saw a mom who would die for her son. A man who would kill for his wife. A boy, angry and alone. Laid out in front of him, the bad path. I saw it. And the path was a circle. Round and round. So I changed it.
-Joe (Looper 2012)
ADJAquariums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
XCW-500
Algae Grower

Thanks for your comments. I am a little slow here, and I looked around but what is sns?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
keithy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

for sale section on this forum = sns = swap n shop
Old 01-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to wicca27

ok i want to comment on the 3rd link it says 2 large rubin swords. fyi rubin get huge. i had to take one out of my 55 cause it was as tall as it and wider than it. i ended up giving it to a friend with a 125 and it was just about right. so no way 2 will fit in a 60 cube there would be no room left at all. i know some people have brought up probs when getting things from azgardens, not sure if it was just fish and shrimp or plants too but i would look up reviews on any company you plant to order from. swap and shop is a good choise so is aquabid (i have used both but aquabid more for both live stock and plants) as for livestock i would skip shrimp cause almost every fish you put in there will prob hunt them down unless they are large like amano's. i would stick with low light plants, crypts, java ferns, anubias all work well.
wicca27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #7
XCW-500
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicca27 View Post
ok i want to comment on the 3rd link it says 2 large rubin swords. fyi rubin get huge. i had to take one out of my 55 cause it was as tall as it and wider than it. i ended up giving it to a friend with a 125 and it was just about right. so no way 2 will fit in a 60 cube there would be no room left at all. i know some people have brought up probs when getting things from azgardens, not sure if it was just fish and shrimp or plants too but i would look up reviews on any company you plant to order from. swap and shop is a good choise so is aquabid (i have used both but aquabid more for both live stock and plants) as for livestock i would skip shrimp cause almost every fish you put in there will prob hunt them down unless they are large like amano's. i would stick with low light plants, crypts, java ferns, anubias all work well.
Good points, thank you. Especially on the plants as I haven't had a tank in over 6 years and have kind of forgotten everything i had learned previously about what plants work and what don't. I will check out the swap and shop.