Mosura Mineral Plus ?s
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 01-24-2013, 02:55 AM   #1
azjenny
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Mosura Mineral Plus ?s

I have been using MMP for a year now in my tank, and I've just been usually using a tds pen to get to around 150 when I do a water change.
Recently when I tested my water, the GH was 8, which is higher than I was intending. I was thinking that the MMP was supposed to get the GH to around 6 at about 150 TDS.
I'm a little unsure what I should do with my water in this case.
I have some orange Neos in there, and some SSS CBS as well.
The Neos are doing great, but the CBS have only been in there a few weeks and I want to make sure the water is ok for them as well. They seem ok so far, but haven't berried yet.
Don't the shrimp need a certain TDS as well as GH or does it not matter? I thought that if I put in a lower tds, to bring down the GH, that that would negatively affect them as well?
Ok, rambling now! But does anyone know the answer to this question?
Thx!
azjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 AM   #2
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (96/100%)

When it comes to TDS everyone has their own range. I keep my CRS in 130 TDS wiht 4 GH.

When you replace evaporated water, do you use regular RO water without remineralizing with the MMP? When I refill water that has evaporated I use pure RO water.
hedge_fund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #3
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (430/100%)

When using Mosura Mineral Plus Ultra, it's best to test for GH and measure TDS. Each bottle seems to be a bit different strength. Sometimes I'll get months of use from a single bottle. Others, depending upon the source, I'll get a month.

It's a nice product but you have to measure everything when using it. (And you probably should do the same with any other remineralizer you're using)
somewhatshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #4
azjenny
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
When it comes to TDS everyone has their own range. I keep my CRS in 130 TDS wiht 4 GH.

When you replace evaporated water, do you use regular RO water without remineralizing with the MMP? When I refill water that has evaporated I use pure RO water.
Yes, I do use plain RO when topping off.
Will it be detrimental to the Neos to lower the TDS? They're breeding like crazy but I'd rather honestly have the CBS breeding like crazy!
azjenny is offline   Reply With Quote