Opinions on Seachem equilibrium
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fertilizers and Water Parameters

Old 08-19-2003, 07:43 AM   #1
raincheck
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Ive got a 5 stage RO/DI unit from spectrapure. Ive been using Kents RO right for 3 yrs now to restore the water for my adult Blue Diamonds(6-7 year old breeding pair). The tank is heavily planted with halides. Working on getting a CO2 system going.

Ive just made a 60 gallons of water and used Seachems Equilibrium instead of the RO Right. Water seemed to settle at 200uS which is ok with me but the ph dropped a point.....i guess I can see why the label recommends "Alkaline Buffer". Ill probably use it tomorrow or so, but does anyone have experience with "Equilibrium" ?? I would love to hear from some people about how they restore the RO/DI water. Any RECIPES???

I dont think Im gonna start to mix my Ro water with tap water anytime soon. Any advice or experiences would be great!!
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2003, 06:13 PM   #2
ken6217
Planted Member

Hi,

>>Opinions on Seachem equilibrium>>

I saw your post regarding using RO water and RO right and Equilibrium. I ws curious as to your opinions. I am swtiching over to RO from tap water as my tap water is causing me a lot of algae problems.
I had read soemwhere once that Equilibrium was better than RO right. I think maybe it ws phophate free or something. I appreciate if you can let me know what you think. Also I heard that you can mix up baking soda, epsom salts, calcium carbonate, and potassium..?, to add bak to the pure water.

Thanks,
Ken
ken6217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 08:30 PM   #3
2la
Planted Tank Enthusiast

There are no phosphates, nitrates, or silicates in RO Right.
2la is offline   Reply With Quote