My Rainforest Creek - Fluval 12g - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 02-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #46
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

You might be fine with the cardinal shrimp since you just used ADA as cap right? Not sure on the other soil, never heard of it.

the growth is nice, it does look like a creek!
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #47
BJK
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Your tank is fantastic! I hope mine looks that good someday!
BJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #48
Pukki
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Flash View Post
You might be fine with the cardinal shrimp since you just used ADA as cap right? Not sure on the other soil, never heard of it.

the growth is nice, it does look like a creek!
So far he is doing pretty well and seems happy doing his thing and flicking his little white legs chomping away at algae. I didn't use ADA just to cap, in fact I poured the whole bag in as I didn't want some left over in storage taking up space.

Thanks, it's my interpretation of a place but I'm glad you can see it too!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #49
Pukki
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJK View Post
Your tank is fantastic! I hope mine looks that good someday!
Thanks. I'm sure yours will look just as good or even better. When I started I didn't have a clue and now I have Celestial Pearl Danio babies! So I feel like I'm doing something right! Not to mention the sensitive shrimp that is still alive and well.

I just stuck to the idea I had in my head and ran with it.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #50
Pukki
Algae Grower

So, I managed to do a water change last night and the little baby danios are alive and well.

After I got back home from the gym, I found my three shrimps just grazing away like no tomorrow so I quickly whipped out my camera as I've never seen them out like that and thought I'd share it with you.

I've also taken a pic of the new snail that I was talking about in my earlier posts. So for those who have just popped in... I used to have a different Golden Apple snail but he would eat so much that he grew in a few weeks from a tiny thing to a small sized golf ball. And due to his appetite he started munching away on all my plants. I exchanged him for a much smaller dude and he seems to be very well behaved. Hasn't touched any of my plants so far.

Finally, you'll see a photo of the little Celestial Pearl Danio fry! There were many more and we thought they would survive in the little bit of moss that we left floating on top. But they didn't and at one point we even saw a little tiny head floating around! So the 3 that we could find, we caught them and made this makeshift little pen. Basically a transparent plastic pot with holes I poked through to allow water to flow through. I hope these three make it to adulthood. So far I have no clue as to what to feed them. I crush up a bit of the normal fish food but they don't seem so excited about that. They seem so small to eat even the tiniest of foods!

Anyways, congrats if you read through this post! I'm going to make a few tiny changes to that tank, nothing drastically different, just a few small additions and I will put them up here very soon!

Thanks for stopping by!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trio of Shrimps.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	85298  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Golden Apple.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	85306