Were you guys scared when you went to Jr High? - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 02-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #31
roadmaster
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Bullies can be a pain in the ass, At some point you may have to assert yourself.
A couple tips,, Never throw an arm punch when you can put your shoulder and hip's into it, Make the punch count.
Hit em in the throat,kick em in the groin,and then put your shoulder ,hip's,into best Sunday punch.
Few bullies will return for second's.
Been in more fight's than i've had birthday's ,(was skinny,little).
Even the big fella's aren't likely to pester you, if they think there's a chance they could receive injury,embarassment.
roadmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #32
l8nite
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

I love this thread. Where were you guys to talk some sense into me when I was in 7th grade...
l8nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #33
Kinection
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Well. I realized the test is on my dad's birthday and his wish is for me to pass the test. He told me the wish, SO IT'S NOT coming true. jk! LOL
Old 02-15-2013, 01:10 AM   #34
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

High school is only a few years of life. So many kids place their whole self worth on high school and it's sad, because they kill themselves over it. 99% of your "best-friends-for-ever" in high school won't be. A lot of the cool kids, girls who won't give you time of day, bullies, will grow up to be losers.

As for your parents, they are only trying to help. I would have died for parents that cared and weren't self-absorbed partying narcissists. I could take off for days at the age of 12 and they didn't notice. Both made decent money, but were too reckless with it to help with me school and instead I had to go $40,000 in debt in student loans because they wanted to party all the time.

There's worse out there kid.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
GeToChKn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:33 AM   #35
plantbrain
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (256/100%)

Kinection-

The bullies ended up bald and generally pretty pitiful from my school days, the nerds and cool people all managed to be quiet successful. I'd say this was about a 90% ratio for both groups actually out of say 500 students. A few of the cool jocks that never beat on other kids ended up pretty well off also.

Those high school reunions really were insightful

I word about bullies: they tend to be larger than you, but....you have a distinct advantage, they also tend to be slow and get winded easily, so you can typically out run them.

I took full advantage of this growing up, taunting them. Even if you cannot out run them straight, you can weave and it's much harder for them to change direction. Small little bully "lieutenants"? Give them a beat down, they might be able to keep up with you, but they are no match.

As the smallest and youngest of 6 kids, I learned to run. I rather enjoyed it. It's like tag, except they really tag you if you are caught, so you play the game a bit more, well, seriously, but I laughed all the way. Nothing felt so good as to watch 2-3 big lard bullies sucking wind and getting stomach cramps. You know that laugh woody woodpecker uses in the cartoon? Yes, I'd use that to taunt them. Very effective at pushing them beyond their limits. Worked on older brothers and sisters also.

It'll also get you in shape pretty good.
I had a Boy's Club 1/2 a block from my house. So I boxed, wrestled, martial arts, basketball etc after school every day. I likely could have pummeled the bullies, but never did. Do I regret that today? No, not at all, well...... one or two guys sure deserved it, but I'm okay with that too.

Also, listen to other family members that are older other than your parents, it was pretty helpful for me to get different views that were not my folks(I would not have listened to them! Nag nag naggy naggy nag). I think I'd prefer a beating than "the nag".

Parents are a little crazy and it's very tough for them to realize how fast you grow up and adjust, they are still thinking you are like 7 years old or something. You are actually very independent, so give them a break. They have been use to making the decisions for you for 10+ years. It's a hard habit for them to break. They sound like very good parents. I was totally into aquariums when I was your age myself.

Last edited by plantbrain; 02-15-2013 at 03:33 AM.. Reason: cuz
plantbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 AM   #36
Kinection
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Well. I don't really run away from them because they would just keep doing it. I got it to stop by giving him the hardest 12 birthday punches of his life. His arm is now purple! I guess 6 years of karate did come to use. XD If I wanted to outrun them, I sure could. XD 1 mile in 4:16 minutes was my last week's time. He's just jealous when I talk to the girls, then he goes around cracking his knuckles. He's lucky I don't have short-temper. I guess I just didn't want to leave my friends. In these past couple months, I learned it's ok to cry. I thank you guys for convincing me not to bomb
the test. I'll just have to see what happens in Jr. High. :/
Old 02-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #37
xmas_one
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

A kid your age that wants to be a lawyer...
xmas_one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #38
moorin
Algae Grower

Default Were you guys scared when you went to Jr High?

Tbh I think you panicking far too much and when you look at this thread in years to come you'll think "what the hell was I doing back then" just chill out and enjoy it, if your getting bullied (not read all the thread) just make sure you get one of them on their own and give then such a pummelling they'll tell their mates and then that's it end of. If your a bright kid make the most of it when your rolling round in a porsche with a hot girl and a massive house who's the idiot then? Lol
moorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #39
xmas_one
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorin View Post
Tbh I think you panicking far too much and when you look at this thread in years to come you'll think "what the hell was I doing back then" just chill out and enjoy it, if your getting bullied (not read all the thread) just make sure you get one of them on their own and give then such a pummelling they'll tell their mates and then that's it end of. If your a bright kid make the most of it when your rolling round in a porsche with a hot girl and a massive house who's the idiot then? Lol
You're an idiot if you think a Porsche, a hot girl, and a "massive" house is the goal.
xmas_one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #40
moorin
Algae Grower

Default Were you guys scared when you went to Jr High?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas_one View Post
You're an idiot if you think a Porsche, a hot girl, and a "massive" house is the goal.
Alot of the "geeks" at school who got bullied or harassed constantly by the brain dead bullies who were obviously jealous in my school have gone on to become very successful so I was only trying to cheer him up As high school isn't everything its only a few years of your life and it may seem like a massive thing now but when your older and you look back it was nothing.

Anyways what's with the aggression? It's only my opinion every has one and is entitled to one.
moorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #41
roadmaster
Planted Tank Guru

These day's ,some decades later,, I very much resemble the older,wiser of two fella's from a song by Bobby Bare "The winner" (can find on you tube).
Song is old like me.
roadmaster is online now   Reply With Quote