needle valve
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 01-20-2013, 01:56 AM   #1
hasanzong

PTrader: (0/0%)

needle valve

hey guys I'm in the process of building my self co2 system, but I'm unsure of what to look for in a needle valve. I'v read the thread on here but I'm still unsure of what size of thread to look for so that it will fit onto a regulator. I was also wondering about the max pressure of the valve, because the valve will be after the regulator (set to15-30 psi) will I still need a valve that is rated up to 850+ psi? Or do the more expense valves have better control on releasing the co2? also is there a more effective type of needle valve? I'v seen a few different types on [Ebay Link Removed]
hasanzong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 02:45 AM   #2
hasanzong

hey guys I think I figured out what I needed, I just found another post that was helpful. I found the same valve on ebay ( swagelok SS-SS4). thanks for looking anyways!

Old 01-20-2013, 02:58 AM   #3
kevmo911
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

That will work nicely. However, for our purposes, if you search for "parker metering valve", you'll get a cheaper, more precise valve, with 1/8" NPT ports. It's not about personal preference, unless you're talking about straight versus angle pattern, or unless you're really concerned about aesthetics (which I understand - the HR3 straight pattern valve is abominably ugly, IMO).

In any case, that SS-SS4 is $16 more expensive (shipped), so make sure you *really* like the aesthetics if you decide on the Swagelok S series.
kevmo911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:06 AM   #4
hasanzong

hey thanks for the info! i'v found on [Ebay Link Removed] but I cant figure out how to put the link on to the site here. i just typed in "parker metering valve" on ebay and it was $24.99 this is the part number 2F-H3L-V-SS-TC. Would this valve work? Also I seen that its just the valve, there isn't any connectors would these connectors at a local weilding/hardware store?
Old 01-20-2013, 03:07 AM   #5
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/98%)

Eee-bay keyword "parker HR valve"

Good luck
Bettatail is offline   Reply With Quote