pls help improve this tank
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 08-12-2003, 06:36 AM   #1
juilian75
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

comments and advices would be very much appreciated
juilian75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2003, 07:50 AM   #2
Slaigar
Planted Member

That is a very nice tank. I love how the christmas moss is growing on that slanted driftwood. Post more pictures =), I can not really tell how the midground is shaped from the photo.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:27 PM   #3
GulfCoastAquarian
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to GulfCoastAquarian Send a message via Yahoo to GulfCoastAquarian

Beautiful setup! You'll find that most of us are going to be quite envious of your Christmas Tree moss. So just where are you located? hehe

Oh ok, you wanted constructive criticism. I was too busy admiring it to notice. Well, the thin-leaved Java Fern is nice, but it needs time to fill in. Or plant a row of another fast-growing plant similar to it (I've got some Echinodorus tenellus that I'll trade you!) to help with the transition from the tall and proud lily to the soft low-lying foreground.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:41 PM   #4
Wasserpest
Are these real?

PTrader: (176/100%)

Now find the 5 differences between both pictures :lol:

Looks good, remains to be seen how long the Nymphaea stays that nice before reaching the surface.

Not sure about the background, maybe it is just a reflection in the image, the light blue stripe on the top, just a little distracting from an otherwise attractive setup.

Any fishies in there?
Wasserpest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2003, 06:28 PM   #5
mr hyde
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

This tank really got my attention. It looks very wild and natural, like something I'd imagine being under the surface of a marsh. I would'nt want to drastically change anything about it really. I'd probably just add a few small scattered cryptocoryne in the foreground, some dark green type. Maybe fill in a little behind the stump with some tall vals. Really, that is a beutiful tank, I was curious of how long the tank has been set up.
mr hyde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2003, 04:06 AM   #6
juilian75
Algae Grower

Hi all who replied,

I would like to first appologise for replying late to this thrend. I was up to my neck with work and had not the time really for anything else.

I'll try to reply all the question in this one post.pls forgive me if i miss out anything.

the tank has been up for 6 mths. The big lotus was a recent addition, abt 2 mths ago.And it has plantlings....growing out at the sides..will harvest it in a few months....as for trading ..i guess it oculd be arranged but be warned i am located in Singapore....ha ha..

" A Sunny Island blooming for you and me" taken from a song....

i have heeled all your advices and put them to good use....i went out the other day to several aquatic plant farms looking for new plants to fill the the flaws....

will post an updated pic in several months when the plants have grown and matured....

As for the types of fishes in there....mostly Single pair of Apistogrammas. and a few crocking gouramis to scavenge off scraps of left over food.....

I am currently breeding Apistos as a hobby and trying my hands on growing exotic plants from grafts and plantlings.

thank you all again for your nice and encouraging words.....

I only wished that singaporeans were as nice as you guys....smiles....
Old 08-22-2003, 04:09 AM   #7
juilian75
Algae Grower

as for the back drop ...its a temporary removable type......will replace it with Oyama paper in future...
Old 08-22-2003, 05:41 AM   #8
Perrush
Algae Grower

Send a message via MSN to Perrush

Jesus :shock: I love that tiger (why must they grow so big )

Could you take a picture from an other angle so the tiger lotus can be better seen ??

Perrush
Perrush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2003, 03:37 AM   #9
Buck
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (3/100%)

All I can say is that Singapore must have some awesome water quality....
I rarely see a tank from that area that does not look healthy. All I would do to that tank is add a nice school of fish and let it mature.
Do keep them Lotus leaves from breaking the surface though or you will get a lanky , pain in the butt, ugly plant out of it :lol:

Can anyone other then me envision a "field" of balansaes around the moss in there?

Nice tank julian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.