Co2 Atomic Diffuser
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Green Leaf Aquariums > Green Leaf Aquariums Archive

Old 02-16-2012, 05:00 AM   #1
herns
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (229/100%)

Co2 Atomic Diffuser

Does GLA Atomic Diffuser work on 10 psi or less?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
bababooey
Algae Grower

PTrader: (21/100%)

I have an inline GLA atomic diffuser. You need 30 psi for any of the atomic diffusers to work properly. Some people even go all the way up to 45 psi but I've never had to do that.

The inline ones are very easy to hook up, works very well creating an extremely fine mist, and they don't reduce flow (big bonus for me).
Old 02-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
Green Leaf Aquariums
Sponsor

PTrader: (86/100%)

^^^ Thank you bababooey!

30psi would be minimum.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:40 AM   #4
sjb1987
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (122/100%)

How is a person suppose to choose what size of an atomic diffuser we need I'm our aquarium?
Old 04-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #5
herns
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (229/100%)

It takes few days for a sponsor to answer questions here. I was unhappy about it when I first posted. It was even bababooey who answer my question. It was the reason I didnt buy this product.

Sorry GLA.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
Green Leaf Aquariums
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb1987 View Post
How is a person suppose to choose what size of an atomic diffuser we need I'm our aquarium?
It can be difficult. However even the largest model is ver small in terms of footprint. You have to get a general idea on what your bubble count will be first, then figure out how large of diffuser you want in your tank viewing area.
You can always go large with no problem but you can't go to small for large tanks with increased bubble counts. The higher the bubble count the larger the mist.

This even applies to all misting systems,glass and atomizing.

What size aquarium do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herns View Post
It takes few days for a sponsor to answer questions here. I was unhappy about it when I first posted. It was even bababooey who answer my question. It was the reason I didnt buy this product.

Sorry GLA.

Using a forum as a means to contact us or any buisness does not seem logical for a speedy reply.
I strongly suggest folks actually contact a business directly. We have several means of communication including the most popular means on the planet, email, phone,Facebook,and lastly we even have our own forum.

All of these contact forms,email etc are all located on our site. I recommend folks use these as forms for initiating contact in regards to product questions.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
Erica
Planted Member

PTrader: (16/100%)

Sorry for going off topic from the op, but I just wanted to say that when I ordered my first c02 setup from GLA, I e-mailed them with a bunch of newbie questions and they always answered incredibly quickly and were extremely helpful.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
sjb1987
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (122/100%)

So I should get the bigger one.... Bigger is better.... Im setting up a 20l but more than be likely be upgrading it to 40b.... Right now I have a 125 with 2 sera flora reactors.... Not too impressed with them.... The 20l is gonna be an experimenting tank
Old 05-04-2012, 01:06 AM   #9
Green Leaf Aquariums
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb1987 View Post
So I should get the bigger one.... Bigger is better.... Im setting up a 20l but more than be likely be upgrading it to 40b.... Right now I have a 125 with 2 sera flora reactors.... Not too impressed with them.... The 20l is gonna be an experimenting tank
You certainly cant go wrong with larger. However its when you have a small nano sized tank that you dont want to go bigger.

If we were doing a 125 ideally you want an inline diffuser. But if you want to use in tank model diffuser I would advise on using a manifold on your regulator so you could work 2 diffusers at one time. Mist is king!
Old 05-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
odie
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica View Post
Sorry for going off topic from the op, but I just wanted to say that when I ordered my first c02 setup from GLA, I e-mailed them with a bunch of newbie questions and they always answered incredibly quickly and were extremely helpful.
I agree and sorry for the OT. Always contact via email or phone. I sent and received close to a dozen emails regarding my co2 setup and was very impressed with answers and speed. I also received call backs promptly. The forum is more of an announcement strategy and a secondary Q & A.

Odie's Planted Playland 75gallon Crypt heavy

Old 06-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #11
Yamaz
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)

it would be nice to put this info on your website so people like me who didnt know this wouldnt have wasted money on the diffuser. it works great, but to bad i cant use it on my setup. could not return or exchange their products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Leaf Aquariums View Post
^^^ Thank you bababooey!

30psi would be minimum.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:31 AM   #12
teonguyen
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaz View Post
it would be nice to put this info on your website so people like me who didnt know this wouldnt have wasted money on the diffuser. it works great, but to bad i cant use it on my setup. could not return or exchange their products.
I think you had missed the product description on the website which states the diffuser requires minimum 30 psi. Anyway, you can always sell it back to any member on this forum. What size of diffuser did you buy may i ask ?
Old 06-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #13
Green Leaf Aquariums
Sponsor

That's correct. The diffuser info is posted in the product info

Last edited by Green Leaf Aquariums; 07-19-2012 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: iPhone
Old 06-30-2012, 04:21 AM   #14
Yamaz
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)

I think i misunderstood the part that said low pressure. I wanted to use it either with a diy co2 or split system which i already had your nano diffuser which isnt on your website anymore. so either way it wasnt going to work for me.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #15
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (94/100%)

I went with the 50mm and it's being run on my 15 gallon. About 1.5 bps.