Regulator CO2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (26/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston ma
Posts: 706
Default

Regulator CO2


i wanted to know if this will work as a CO2 regulator, what would I have to change to make it work if it will work for CO2? I have the paintball tanks for now a 20oz.
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/a...psac106951.jpg

Last edited by newbieplanter; 02-11-2013 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: Added pic
newbieplanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Darkblade48
Moderator
 
Darkblade48's Avatar
 
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 9,263
Default

It looks like an oxygen regulator. Assuming the internals are still OK, you would have to change the nipple and nut from CGA540 to CGA320.

It appears the regulator will only be able to deliver less than 30 PSI (delivery pressure), so it may not be good if you are using some diffusers (i.e. atomic diffuser).

In addition to the regulator, you will need at the very least, a needle valve. Other optional parts include a bubble counter and a solenoid.
__________________
Anthony

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (26/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston ma
Posts: 706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade48 View Post
It looks like an oxygen regulator. Assuming the internals are still OK, you would have to change the nipple and nut from CGA540 to CGA320.

It appears the regulator will only be able to deliver less than 30 PSI (delivery pressure), so it may not be good if you are using some diffusers (i.e. atomic diffuser).

In addition to the regulator, you will need at the very least, a needle valve. Other optional parts include a bubble counter and a solenoid.
What psi would be good to run a single ddiffuser?
newbieplanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
Darkblade48
Moderator
 
Darkblade48's Avatar
 
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 9,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieplanter View Post
What psi would be good to run a single ddiffuser?
It depends on the type you are using. If you are using the glass with ceramic disc type, they can work at lower pressures (say 20 PSI). If you are using an atomic diffuser, they may require pressures of 40 PSI or more.
__________________
Anthony

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #5
newbieplanter
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (26/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston ma
Posts: 706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade48 View Post
It depends on the type you are using. If you are using the glass with ceramic disc type, they can work at lower pressures (say 20 PSI). If you are using an atomic diffuser, they may require pressures of 40 PSI or more.
Where can I get the atomic diff. from eBay? Does any of that matter on the size tank u have too?

Last edited by newbieplanter; 02-12-2013 at 12:16 AM.. Reason: More to add
newbieplanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:51 AM   #6
Darkblade48
Moderator
 
Darkblade48's Avatar
 
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 9,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieplanter View Post
Where can I get the atomic diff. from eBay? Does any of that matter on the size tank u have too?
There are probably many atomic diffusers on eBay (or clones). There are also many reputable dealers that you can buy them from.

In terms of your aquarium size, larger aquariums will require larger diffusers and/or multiple diffusers. Alternatively, you can consider inline reactors.
__________________
Anthony

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
co2, co2 diy, regulator

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012