Ok so Im here
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Hawaii

Old 06-28-2005, 01:07 AM   #1
Zach987
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Ok so Im here

I've been to the ala maoana center and little fish stores in the area, anyone have a favorite LFS for good deals on a new tank and supplies?

Our Blog
My Flickr page
Zach987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2005, 11:13 PM   #2
puffasaurus

I live in that area. There are a couple in that area that I like, pets plus and modern pets for starters.
puffasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
cousinkenni
Algae Grower

Hey Zach,

You should come to the Honolulu Aquarium Society fish meeting. The next one is on Friday August 5th at 7:00pm (and the first friday of every month for that matter). We meet at the Kuhio Elementary school. It is real close to the University of Hawaii Manoa campus. Basically it is right down university ave (going downhill toward the ocean on university ave) make a left onto king street and it is about 1-2 blocks down on the right hand side.

I have attached an old outdated link but atleast it has directions!

Honolulu Aquarium Society

If you go just ask for me or Aaron and remind us that you are from the planted tank forum. There is a small group of us that visit the forums and a slightly larger group that works with planted tanks. We have alot of plants so if you need anything just ask. Alternatively you can purchase plants or fish at the auction that the meeting has.

Hope to see you there!

Ken Takeuchi
cousinkenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 12:52 AM   #4
Zach987
Planted Member

Wow thats great, I just got an apartment like a block from the Elementary School. I'll be there.

Thanks
Zach

Our Blog
My Flickr page
Old 08-02-2005, 12:12 AM   #5
cousinkenni
Algae Grower

Hey Zach,

If you go to the HAS meeting this friday (8/5/05) at 7:00 don't be shy. There are alot of friendly people in the club. We all try to help each other out.

If there are any plants in particular that you want let me know before friday. If I have what you are looking for I will be more than happy to bring some.

Ken Takeuchi
Old 08-02-2005, 09:57 AM   #6
timber
Algae Grower

yeah Zach, come join us! In fact, everyone is invited! Planted tanks have become really popular here and there are a lot of members with green thumbs. If all the plant guys got together and formed a club, it would be pretty big.
Ken, I won't be attending the mtg so no "super secret goodie bag" in the auction this month. I promise I will make up for it next time
timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 07:46 PM   #7
cousinkenni
Algae Grower

Hey Aaron,

Good thing you told me you weren't attending. I was going to bring you that Glosso you were asking for a while back.

If you still want it let me know. If you are going to the board meeting I can bring it there.

Ken T.

P.S. Damnit! I was really, really looking foward to the "super secret goodie bag"!
Old 08-07-2005, 02:36 AM   #8
Zach987
Planted Member

learned lessons,

When heading to a aquarium meeting, don't forget that your wife is waiting at the airport.

Catch yall next time
Zach

Our Blog
My Flickr page
Old 08-07-2005, 08:18 AM   #9
aanderson09
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to aanderson09
Default hi

so, what's this I hear about pets unlimited closing down?!?!?! I bought so much there... when are the closing?
aanderson09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 07:56 PM   #10
Zach987
Planted Member

Just a question, does anyone have some clippings they would sell ?

haven't really decided on the theme of the new tank yet, but low light.

Thanks in advance
Zach

Our Blog
My Flickr page
Old 08-16-2005, 01:20 AM   #11
aanderson09
Algae Grower

sry, I would give you some clippings if I had any but I don't I don't even have a good planted tank yet, well, I have a 55g with vho's but that tank is too much overtaken with algae, so I am making a 20g with cf lighting at the next meeting I'm gonna get some
Old 08-16-2005, 08:58 AM   #12
Zach987
Planted Member

With high output lights like that you need to kick up your CO2 to equal out the equation. How much are you bubbling in a min?
Could be many thing I guess, thanks anyway

Our Blog
My Flickr page
Old 08-18-2005, 08:44 AM   #13
aanderson09
Algae Grower

I kinda gave up on my 55g tank, I only do water changes now and feed the fish, I'm gonna throw the plants in my pond that's what I do with all my unwanted plants heh, I'll start up the tank again sooner or later, and btw, I just got a 20g tank today from petland kahala ($42, RIP OFF) oh well, I got a pc light with 2 55w, came with bulbs, got the fixture for $110, not a bad deal and lastly today I got a Aquaclear 200, does 200 gph, I'm happy with my setup so far, I'm going to get substrate next week I hope with the driftwood, wait about 2 more weeks, then start adding plants
Old 08-18-2005, 10:11 AM   #14
timber
Algae Grower

What specifically are you looking for?

Pets Unlimited is not closing, their lease is up and are in the process of finding a new home. good riddance to that ghetto location, I don't know how many times I've been offered crystal meth and crack in their parking lot.
timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 07:24 PM   #15
aanderson09
Algae Grower

Pets Unlimited is not closing, their lease is up and are in the process of finding a new home. good riddance to that ghetto location, I don't know how many times I've been offered crystal meth and crack in their parking lot.

that's good news, I probably would've been offered that stuff too if I wasn't 15 and not with my dad when I go there they should move to nuuanu, maybe nuuanu shopping center not sure there are any vacant lots though