Aqueon Evolve 8 CO2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 09-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
PRSRocker3390
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)

Aqueon Evolve 8 CO2

Anyone have any good ideas on how to diffuse diy co2 into this tank? It's got the little 2" area in the back of the tank for the pump and other equipment, maybe do something with that? I also have an extra Rio 180 pump on hand that can fit in the back for I figured it wouldn't do any good by diffusing co2 in the back but I like the idea of the least amount of visible equipment. I can use excel for CO2 but I figured that might not be enough alone with higher lighting i've added. Any co2 diffusion ideas on these tanks using a diy co2 setup?
Algae Supporter #1 (BBA) - Rena Filstar #150 (XP3/XP2)
PRSRocker3390 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Qwedfg
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRSRocker3390 View Post
Anyone have any good ideas on how to diffuse diy co2 into this tank? It's got the little 2" area in the back of the tank for the pump and other equipment, maybe do something with that? I also have an extra Rio 180 pump on hand that can fit in the back for I figured it wouldn't do any good by diffusing co2 in the back but I like the idea of the least amount of visible equipment. I can use excel for CO2 but I figured that might not be enough alone with higher lighting i've added. Any co2 diffusion ideas on these tanks using a diy co2 setup?

I have the aqueon 2 and 4. To diffuse CO2 I took out the pump cut one of the grates off and stuck the end of the co2 line into it. Works like a charm.
Qwedfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
PRSRocker3390
Wannabe Guru

That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure how well it would work. Godd ot know you tried that? Does it make small bubbles all over the tank?
Old 09-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
Qwedfg
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRSRocker3390 View Post
That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure how well it would work. Godd ot know you tried that? Does it make small bubbles all over the tank?
I have been using this method for a couple months now. Depending on how much co2 you are injecting you will notice a varying amount of bubbles. ATM I have a ~1 bubble per 8 second bubble count and I rarely will see co2 bubbles. Before I put my shrimp in I was at 1 bps to help the HC gain hold and there was a fair amount of bubbles. I have tried diffusers before and this is honestly the best way to distribute co2 that I have used.
Qwedfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:46 AM   #5
PRSRocker3390
Wannabe Guru

Sounds pretty cool, I'm probably going to go that route. I've done similar with other pumps but wasn't sure the results would be similar with this aqueon pump. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
Bolsen27
Algae Grower

PTrader: (14/100%)

The gas going directly into the pump doesn't cause issues with the impeller?
Bolsen27 is offline   Reply With Quote