Mini bolbitis?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Plants

Old 02-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
EvolutionZ
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Mini bolbitis?

i have done a search in the net but seems like little info can be found...
i found this mini bolbitis very interesting looking and bought it home.. though the expensive price tag($15SGD for a small amount).. and its my first time seeing this as well..

this is how the mini bolbitis looks like.. tied to a lava rock.. do note that each leaf is only 1 - 2 cm long.. very tiny leaves..

tied them on 2 small driftwood..

Are they true mini bolbitis? or just baby bolbitis that will grow big?

Thanks.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
snausage
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (29/100%)

I have some mini bolbitis that is a bit bigger. I tried researching it as well and couldn't find much good info either. I think you have the mini form although it's hard to tell. I've also read that there is a form of it that was genetically engineered in Taiwan so that might be what you have.

In any case, save your receipt and if it grows a lot in the next couple weeks, just take it back
snausage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
EvolutionZ
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snausage View Post
I have some mini bolbitis that is a bit bigger. I tried researching it as well and couldn't find much good info either. I think you have the mini form although it's hard to tell. I've also read that there is a form of it that was genetically engineered in Taiwan so that might be what you have.

In any case, save your receipt and if it grows a lot in the next couple weeks, just take it back
haha.. thanks for your info! haha.. too bad i thrown away my receipt already.. but well, if its really just a normal bolbitis plantlet, just my bad luck i guess.
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #4
Trail_Mix
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Any updates on how these guys grew up? I've been very interested in dissecting the whole Bolbitis genus and taking a look at what's really from that genus and not, and what the different types of Bolbitis look like submerged, emerged, and perhaps depending on other growth conditions.
Trail_Mix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.