29g low/medium light setup questions
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 02-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
Couv
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

29g low/medium light setup questions

I just started reading here a while ago and continue to be blown away and slightly overwhelmed with the amount of information and options when trying to decide what to do about my tank.

I've been running a 29g for about 2 years with some random live plants but mostly artificials and fish. I'm currently planning on converting this to a planted tank as I have a 6g Edge that's planted also containing shrimp that I enjoy. Added some LED and use Flourish Excel, etc and it looks nice.

That said, the lighting/hood on my 29g is the stock that came with the aqueon tank and isn't really up to par for growing plants well.

Current tank:
Aqueon 29g tank
17w 6500 bulb
AC 50 HOB
eco-complete

tap water at home is pH ~7.5, relatively hard.

--First question
...what would be a good option for a low/medium light tank (to which I plan to add pressurized CO2)? LED or fluorescent would be fine, but kind of prefer LED for less heat. Would need to be based on the aquarium itself and not hanging above.

--Second question
...what would be a good option for a hood to go with the light? Rather not fight a ton of evaporation, especially since we have hard water and it'll be leaving minerals behind.

--Third question
...I plan to do CO2 with a paintball tank as my family sells them. The aquatek mini looks like the direction that I'll likely go to have a reasonably all in one option. Thoughts?

Any input would be appreciated
Couv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement