No substrate planted tank - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 01-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #16
trgiboney
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Your going to tear down your tank to move so any rooted plants in substrate can be removed and placed in a bucket with tank water and a tight lid for the move plus you get to re aquascape and clean up your plants. I'm assuming you are going to move your fish too so the can go in the same bucket and benefit each other.

Put your substrate, drift wood, rocks in a second bucket with some tank water to keep them alive.

5 gallon buckets from the DIY work great for this if your moving a great distance more then two days you will need a air stone and pump you can get battery operated ones.
trgiboney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
BruceF
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)

Since we are discussing pots , one thing I have done in the past is cut down nursery flats and fit them in the bottom of an aquarium. . I used two of them in a 10g for a while. I cut them in half and joined the two pieces together. They were actually my first dirt substrate
BruceF is online now   Reply With Quote