Deuce 70G Journal - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 08-14-2003, 01:47 PM   #31
Deuce868
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Wow.... sorry for taking over that thread.
Oh no, thanks for the help. While I had one tank before that I had some plants in with some dwarf gouramis it was a VERY beginner/learning tank. I am hoping to turn this one into something that is a lot more.

Thanks for the pic 2la. That does make it clear. I am going to try a fish store in lansing later on in the week that is supposed to be much larger than anything around here. Hopefully I will be able to find a pair of females there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2003, 01:53 PM   #32
Deuce868
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

ok, it has been a while and a lot has changed in the tank. First I lost one of my Pearls within the first 24 hours. The other two are still around, but are not acting like the grouamis I have owned before. They still swim at the bottom of the tank an hide deep in my plants.

I have been fighting algae galore. The stringy green algae is everywhere, especially lower in the tank where it collects in the gravel and around my low plants. I have just been doing my cleaning and cut boack the lighting from 12 to 10 hours.

I am still in the phase of just growing out the plants I have and the ones I got in my shipment. I want to do some organizing and rearranging of things, but I am afraid of an even worse algae outbreak if I do some major overhauls.

Here is a pic of the algae

Here is an update on my baby red tiger that I have

An update on the right side

and the whole tank
Deuce868 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.