Updated substrate sticky?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Substrate

Old 01-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
etgregoire
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Updated substrate sticky?

I've been trying to research on substrate for a while now because I would like to change from my gravel to something nicer looking in the tank that will also be better for a wider range of plants to take root in. But I've noticed the more I research the more and more questions I have and info that I find that is missing from the substrate sticky thread.

The sticky is great, but the pros/cons list seems to be a bit lacking. I had been really interested in STS but just found out it has massive changes to kh & ph in the tank which wasn't listed there. Totaling 11 pages there is a lot to take in, and a lot of off topic stuff happening.

Anyone have any ideas for creating some kind of a list that is complete as posted, rather than sifting through the multiple pages of the thread as well as perhaps a more of a short paragraph on a substrate rather than a short list of pros/cons?

I guess it would probably be a lot of work, but just wondering if anyone else has ever felt like the sticky in this sub-forum could be added to? I like the format of the sticky I just feel like there is a lot of info that could be included as well? The more research I do, the more questions I have... I feel so lost like maybe I should just stick with gravel...
etgregoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (435/100%)

Since the substrate market is so frequently changing, it's best just to use the search function to see what you can find (as you have done) and then start a thread in the Substrate sub-forum to ask any remaining questions you have.
somewhatshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
etgregoire
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

That's probably what I will do... I guess I have been mentally scarred by another unrelated forum I read where people aren't very nice. I just am always afraid to ask redundant questions and make people angry! lol
etgregoire is offline   Reply With Quote