29g "Jagged Peaks" - Page 8
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 02-16-2013, 06:05 AM   #106
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4n View Post
Hey you got fish!

you taking down the 20 and using 40b or what? haha
haha yp blushing tetras! and probly not i realized i dont have the space for that big of a tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
Looking great!!!
thanks!!
marioman72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #107
h4n
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (713/100%)
Default Re: 29g "Jagged Peaks"

Did you buy more fish or had those thru the storm?

Good lol I'll buy it from you in a couple weeks

I need to more to fill my shelves lol

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"
h4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:01 AM   #108
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4n View Post
Did you buy more fish or had those thru the storm?

Good lol I'll buy it from you in a couple weeks

I need to more to fill my shelves lol

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"
yea they somehow lasted through the storm they thawed out like it never even happend. and sweet i could def use some money haha
Old 02-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #109
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

heres an update!

got a bunch of new little fellas, well and not so little fellas hahah

trying my hand at breeding with a two different species hopefully more in the future. i got a pair of nice angels, i have never had kept these fish before because of their size and now that i have a large enough tank tot keep them im trying them out to see what they are like! and hopefully will have babies in the future. also i picked up two pairs of Kribs what i think to be 2 pairs at least not entirely positive on how to sex them when they are not full grown and the females dont have the bright belly's :/ hopefully i got it right haha. other then that got a nice sized school of blue tetras that i had been wanting to get. the LFs said they wont be carrying them for a while so i scooped them up while i could! all great looking fish, i wish i could afford a couple more angels but they are very expensive to buy big haha

other wise the plants are as healthy as ever and could use a nice trim to get things propagating. i put a couple stem plants in the background, ludwigia repens and myrophillium might look good might not? not sure yet but really need to move some trimmings out of the 20g so i put them their for a "stem plant test" so to speak see if something tall would work with the scape. i was thinking about some giant hairgrass or something along those lines to add across the background still not quite sure. but the tanks coming along nicely

heres the pics of the new fishies!

_DSC6829 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6826 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6824 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6823 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6821 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6816 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6815 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6814 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC6809 by marioman72, on Flickr
Old 02-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #110
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

That angels really compliment the tank! It looks great!!!!!!!
orchidman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #111
OKnights112
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Congrats on getting it more fish in the tank. Looks good.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #112
driftwoodhunter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)

First let me say your tank looks awesome - the way the algae has covered the rocks is very, very beautiful! I made faux rock 3D backgrounds on two 29g tanks, but I colored the backgrounds fairly light/cream/quartz color, to match the real rocks I was also using. I love how the algae covered that, too, but I'm not happy with the light color. My next backgrounds are going to be a dark slate color and seeing how your real rocks look, I know it's what I want for sure.

My concern is the stocking of your tank - it's a 29, right? I have to wonder if two full grown angels aren't too big for that? Let alone living with all the other fish in the tank. (good luck with those Blue tetras - I hope they work better for you than they are for me! How many did you get?) I've never kept angels before, but I thought they needed more space - both tank length but especially tank height...
The Fraternity of Dirt # 7 - Daughter of the Dirt - Canon Club #018
Twin 29g Dirt Tanks on an Iron Stand - DIY 3D Backgrounds
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...stand-pic.html
The Behemoth - 125 dirt tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=199772
driftwoodhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #113
plecostomouse
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

looks really good with the plants filling in!
however i think the angels make the tank seem smaller,throwing the sense of scale.
but if you wanna breed em, goodluck!

sunsun pimp #62

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tranq...2603914?ref=hl
plecostomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:24 AM   #114
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
That angels really compliment the tank! It looks great!!!!!!!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKnights112 View Post
Congrats on getting it more fish in the tank. Looks good.
thanks def happy to get some life again hahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodhunter View Post
First let me say your tank looks awesome - the way the algae has covered the rocks is very, very beautiful! I made faux rock 3D backgrounds on two 29g tanks, but I colored the backgrounds fairly light/cream/quartz color, to match the real rocks I was also using. I love how the algae covered that, too, but I'm not happy with the light color. My next backgrounds are going to be a dark slate color and seeing how your real rocks look, I know it's what I want for sure.

My concern is the stocking of your tank - it's a 29, right? I have to wonder if two full grown angels aren't too big for that? Let alone living with all the other fish in the tank. (good luck with those Blue tetras - I hope they work better for you than they are for me! How many did you get?) I've never kept angels before, but I thought they needed more space - both tank length but especially tank height...
yea im hoping the blue tetras r good, they have plenty of space to swim around and the angels kind of keep them in check haha. but im only keeping the pair in the tank and theirs plenty of space to swim with. im hoping they will protect the fry against the wrath of the blue tetras, now im wishing i put them in the 20g instead. but i got 10 blue tetras what they had left at the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plecostomouse View Post
looks really good with the plants filling in!
however i think the angels make the tank seem smaller,throwing the sense of scale.
but if you wanna breed em, goodluck!
yea i was really uncertain about getting them at first but i know how easily they breed and the lfs is always looking for small angels. so i got them. they look bigger in the pictures then they do in life they sit behind the big rock a lot and just chill i assume thats were they would breed if they r going to soon, nice enclosed flat surface.

if i can, i think im going to try to switch the rummynoses from my 20g with the blue tetras in this tank they would fit a little better now that im seeing them in the tanks and colored up, the blues are a bit nippy sometimes and better on their own. the rummy noses go very well with the angels too.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:37 AM   #115
driftwoodhunter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)

As much as I whine about my Blue tetras (and really, I only have two left!) they are quite beautiful - your pics perfectly captured their beauty. Great pics, btw. The colors are both subtle and vivid at the same time, depending on how they move & turn into/out of the light.

Later I will get another larger school of them in a species-only tank. Interestingly, the two I have left are a male and a female. She's calm and a good community fish, he's a territorial bully. They never go anywhere near each other - she stays with the group of Columbian tetras and Buenos Aires tetras, he stays off on his own (sadly he thinks the center of a 6 ft. tank is his - he's always "directing" traffic). He picks on the Columbian tetras but won't go near the Buenos Aires - they just stare him down as if saying "I dare ya!" lol Mine are very assertive eaters - even stealing the food out of the bigger fish's mouths - so I imagine they will make a fast snack out of any eggs in the tank - stressing your Angels to the max.
The Fraternity of Dirt # 7 - Daughter of the Dirt - Canon Club #018
Twin 29g Dirt Tanks on an Iron Stand - DIY 3D Backgrounds
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...stand-pic.html
The Behemoth - 125 dirt tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=199772
driftwoodhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:46 AM   #116
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodhunter View Post
As much as I whine about my Blue tetras (and really, I only have two left!) they are quite beautiful - your pics perfectly captured their beauty. Great pics, btw. The colors are both subtle and vivid at the same time, depending on how they move & turn into/out of the light.

Later I will get another larger school of them in a species-only tank. Interestingly, the two I have left are a male and a female. She's calm and a good community fish, he's a territorial bully. They never go anywhere near each other - she stays with the group of Columbian tetras and Buenos Aires tetras, he stays off on his own (sadly he thinks the center of a 6 ft. tank is his - he's always "directing" traffic). He picks on the Columbian tetras but won't go near the Buenos Aires - they just stare him down as if saying "I dare ya!" lol Mine are very assertive eaters - even stealing the food out of the bigger fish's mouths - so I imagine they will make a fast snack out of any eggs in the tank - stressing your Angels to the max.
yea they wont even dare to do anything with the angels. i saw one go and nip the tail of the big guy. and he flipped out and attacked the one that did. the big guy almost cleared the water hahaha.

but anyways i just tansphered the school to my 20g were theres only a school of rummys and a cherry and PFR shrimp colony. they suit that tank muchhh better. i want some rummys in this tank very badly i might try and take them out of the 20 but its near impossible took me an hour to get 5 last time i tried in my old school
Old 02-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #117
tomfromstlouis
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

Love the tank marioman.

My next tank, if any, will be a mountain range scape if I can find the right rocks. Did you have any trouble getting some of them to stand on end like that? I have come to think I'd have to grind some flats or something to keep things vertical...
RAOK Club #76

220g altum, 75g high tech, 6g shrimp: one office, three tanks http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=183658
tomfromstlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #118
alipper
Planted Tank Obsessed

Tank seems a little small for the angels and all the kribs. That's just my opinion. Great progress though.

P.S. buy a generator, I picked 1 up last night. $300 woot woot.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #119
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfromstlouis View Post
Love the tank marioman.

My next tank, if any, will be a mountain range scape if I can find the right rocks. Did you have any trouble getting some of them to stand on end like that? I have come to think I'd have to grind some flats or something to keep things vertical...
thanks! as long as you have enough substrate u will be fine i have about 3-4in of play sand in the bottom with does the job, just gota wiggle them in realy good and the wieght of the rocks does the rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alipper View Post
Tank seems a little small for the angels and all the kribs. That's just my opinion. Great progress though.

P.S. buy a generator, I picked 1 up last night. $300 woot woot.
all the kribs rnt going to be staying and they r still small only 2in ones around 3 but once they pair up im going to take out the rest!

and yea i def need to pick one up! it would save me in the long run haha. we r looking into getting a nice size one to power the house or major necessities def worth the money.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:26 AM   #120
alipper
Planted Tank Obsessed

I picked up a 5000 watt last night, more than enough for my 1250 sq foot house.