& other invertebrates
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
Kat12
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

& other invertebrates

Ok, have had to say this way too often lately.

Anytime anyone asks about snails (or other inverts) people want to reply to the post as thought it is a question related to shrimp. I have even seen members tell other members their post is in the wrong place because this is the SHRIMP section - so they should not be asking snail question.

Shrimp people - you do not own this section - it is not only about shrimp. People who own other inverts have as much right in this section to post about their inverts as you do to post about your shrimp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
steven p
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

I love my snails and creepy crawlies too, but the description says "shrimp and..."

Highest priority first.

Most people are rather clear with questions, answers and stories.

Happy snailing!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
Merth
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Relax Kat, after reading the last few posts that have been addressed concerning "other inverts" I haven't seen where anyone has shown negativity towards snails and other inverts. Alot of us that keep snails (and actually like them) also keep shrimp. I personally would have many more varieties if I had the space to set up snail specific tanks. Other than pond/bladder snails and mts I havent had much luck keeping them alive. In fact my tanks are riddled with ramshorn shells to the point I often wonder if there isnt a ninja assassin snail hiding somewhere in there. My point is since "we" keep both these discussions often coincide with shrimp keeping which I think the majority of us concentrate on. It doesnt diminish the fact that snails are often loved and questions arise concerning them, but I think most of the respondents have been very supportive. Remember we are all here (I think) for fun and because we love our "babies"!
Old 10-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
shrimpzoo
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

lol? Never seen this yet.

Link me to this "negativity", I'd like to see it lol.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
Kat12
Wannabe Guru

shrimpzoo - reading stevenp's view might be a place to start.

If people keeping and learning about snails were able to ask questions and share info without being told this is the shrimp section maybe more info would be available and more people would have better "luck" keeping snails.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
Kat12
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
Indychus: This is the Shrimp section... so we're talking about shrimp. Large water changes tend to be frowned upon unless all parameters are matched. Shrimp do better with smaller swaps, typically, unless the shrimp keeper in question is experienced.
this was in reply to a question asking how many mystery snails in a 55 gallon.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
CheyLillymama22
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

I keep snails and shrimp.
I think you are overreacting a bit. Plenty of people are willing to answer questions. There is simply more interest and investment into shrimp, thus other special interest inverts tend to fall by the wayside
Old 10-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #8
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

As mentioned, this section is for both shrimp and other invertebrate discussion, including snails.

I will be closing this thread now.

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Closed Thread