CO2 - dude this rocks - as per one juvie! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 12-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #16
Smitty06
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

rtmatson, what exactly are you referring to? The op is not having problems with yeast from the system going into the tank, the op is simply saying that the juvie shrimp is "getting high off CO2" lol.
Smitty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #17
plamski
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (60/100%)

Are you sure that gas was CO2. Maybe you put on Nitrous oxide- laughing gas (-:
plamski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:17 AM   #18
laqu
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

okay i have a VERY active yeast cycle going and trust me it would blow up anything. my air stone was not 100% when i started and the water bottle i was using as a bubble counter started making 'odd' noises when i checked it out it looked stretched out and ready to explode.. the air stone popped off in my hand when i touched it! (I took a nail to the inside of it and fixed it)

i just remade my mix (i "may" have been heavy handed with the yeast the 1st time) and so far by sticking to the 1/4 tsp yeast NOTHING.. it's been HOURS... boring... adding the whole yeast packet worked way better -- well except the dead shrimp part.

i also now have a air pump (oops) so i can counter act any overdoses ...

and apparently A LOT of the shrimp liked the CO2 soon as i started the air stone a BUNCH of juvies came over and hung out by the air... after a few hours they gave up and left (no fun just watching air i guess) ... apparently in my tank CO2 huffing is legal
--
sure they 'get busy' right out in the open while the others are all munching away at feeding time, they get stoned... somehow those wine bottles holding up my clamp on lights over the tank are very appropriate all of a sudden. ... hmm...
laqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:29 AM   #19
wrangler
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (35/100%)

Maybe he was suicidal..........
wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #20
laqu
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

okay, i made a new CO2 mix (didn't use the whole yeast packet, i used 1/4 tsp and WAITED overnight ... boring) it's WAY slower and i'm trying it again.. i have air going into the tank too... (my bubble counter is not working or my tank is always perfect - yea, right)
--
i ended up loosing 4 (YES FOUR) shrimp including 2 berried
-- yea, i know their cherries they have a ton of babies .. but I killed them and I feel bad!
wish me luck... I am SOOOO stressed it's not funny...
--
If i bit the bullet and get a 'disposable' CO2 system can i set it at a REALLY low count (like 1 bubble every 5 seconds?) .. which one is reliable.. I feel SOO bad... the tank is ON my dining room table (it's where we do everything, eat, school, hang out .. think kitchen - i'm just not a formal person) so a 5 lb tank is out of the question (as is the filter is on a chair and the air pump under it)
--
if i was handy i'd make a rustic looking stand for next to the table and have a place to hide stuff.. i'm not.. -- i own some screw drivers, and a drill that's it... (but i CAN assemble any piece of junk furniture you can find!)
laqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #21
Overgrowth
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

CO2. Not even once. But seriously, sorry about the little guy.

Seachem Flourite - "Although pre-washed"
BIGGEST LIE EVER TOLD
Overgrowth is offline   Reply With Quote