CO2 Paintball Kit - First Timer
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
TBirdyTom

PTrader: (0/0%)

CO2 Paintball Kit - First Timer

Hi guys, first post so be nice!

I'm from the UK and have been trying to set up a nice little tank but am having problem with the CO2 Do!Aqua starter kit I bought. I can now see why you all recommend creating your own kit - this regular is shocking!

Not sure where to start looking for Paintball setups over here as most of the aquarium sites just stock the standard kits and a couple of spare parts for said kits.

10G Arcadia Arc Tank
2x 11W CFL Arcadia Arc Pods
Eheim 2213 (w/ lily pipes)

Current flora - DHG

Anyone fancy helping a Brit out?
TBirdyTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
FlyingHellFish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

You know, there a great UK site that you might want to check out. Google it to find out. Its like this site except everyone there is British and they write stuff like "smashing!, brilliant!"

A lot of people will tell you to go with a standard tank, normally 5 lbs. They tell you this because you end up saving money in the long run BUT that depends on how much it cost you to refill.

Here my paint ball set up. It's a new model 20 oz JT with level indicator of your Co2. Just get it refill when it's not completely empty to avoid End of tank dump. The place you refill will purge the reminding Co2 anyway regardless if it's empty or not.

In Toronto, I get my 5lb refill for 23 dollars on the spot. I get this 20 oz refill at 5 dollars on the spot. No waiting.

This works out to be the same and cost wise, it makes no difference to me. Both places are a short drive away. Only downside is if your using a high rate, you have to refill more on the 20 oz tank.

My 5lb lasted a year for me.

My Tank:

Edit: Oh forgot, here the recent picture of the set up all completed.

Disregard the mini Red bull fridge, I needed an outlet and just completed the set up on the floor.

Last edited by FlyingHellFish; 01-05-2013 at 02:33 AM.. Reason: Oh you so nosey ...
FlyingHellFish is offline   Reply With Quote