NJ shops - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 01-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #46
we4wieners
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hello!!!!!! Im in South Jersey outside Atlantic City. There is absolutely nothing here. Just wanted to share that!!
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #47
shloken38
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

That's too bad! Maybe you should move up north!!!!
2.5 Gallon - Pea Puffer
5.5 Gallon - RCS, Ghost Shrimp, Ember Tetras, Sparkling Gouramis, Bumble Bee Gobies
10 Gallon - Pure Black Bar Endlers
29 Gallon - Planted Community - Cherry Barbs, Neon Tetras, Various Cory Cats, Albino Bristlenose Pleco
shloken38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #48
Adam T
Algae Grower

Nothern Jersey is the spot when it comes to shops for planted tanks. I havent been to ridgewood yet but I frequently make the drive down to Fishtown (and absolutely fish once a while). Fishtown is my favorite place in the world. I know thats crazy, but the guys there love plants and they always have cool stuff. I was over there when I sent up my most recent aquarium (first go with a hi tech planted tank) and they hooked it up. I dont know anywhere else you can go get nice bunches of stem plants for $1.50. I was looking around in the back and came with their plant guy and we came across some old dusty white boxes. They happened to be the entire line of Brighty ferts, and when I asked Evan what he wanted for them he told me I could have one of each for free (I had bought most of my equipment for the tank from them). So I walked out with a bottle of step 1, step 2, step 3, brighty special lights, tourmaline bc, and bacter without spending a dime on it!

I am told they just got a new supplier in asia and they are bringing in some really hard to find stuff by the end of January, but they are always well stocked regardless. I wish they sold giesemann bulbs, but other than that they meet pretty much every need my tank has.

Great selection of shrimp, fish, plants, and supplies... and the prices are usually pretty good (fantastic when it comes to plants).
Adam T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #49
Option
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by we4wieners View Post
Hello!!!!!! Im in South Jersey outside Atlantic City. There is absolutely nothing here. Just wanted to share that!!
LMAO. Good to know. I'm in AC like twice a month....and so I was always curious. Now I'm happier staying at the poker table.
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #50
laqu
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam T View Post
Nothern Jersey is the spot when it comes to shops for planted tanks. I havent been to ridgewood yet but I frequently make the drive down to Fishtown (and absolutely fish once a while). Fishtown is my favorite place in the world. I know thats crazy, but the guys there love plants and they always have cool stuff. I was over there when I sent up my most recent aquarium (first go with a hi tech planted tank) and they hooked it up. I dont know anywhere else you can go get nice bunches of stem plants for $1.50. I was looking around in the back and came with their plant guy and we came across some old dusty white boxes. They happened to be the entire line of Brighty ferts, and when I asked Evan what he wanted for them he told me I could have one of each for free (I had bought most of my equipment for the tank from them). So I walked out with a bottle of step 1, step 2, step 3, brighty special lights, tourmaline bc, and bacter without spending a dime on it!

I am told they just got a new supplier in asia and they are bringing in some really hard to find stuff by the end of January, but they are always well stocked regardless. I wish they sold giesemann bulbs, but other than that they meet pretty much every need my tank has.

Great selection of shrimp, fish, plants, and supplies... and the prices are usually pretty good (fantastic when it comes to plants).

hmm... need some small plants for my 2 gallon and some Boraras brigittae ... might go down there... i was at absolutely fish last weekend and their plants were a bit 'grown in' for me - great for bigger tanks though.
1 betta

Here they are http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/al...p?albumid=9625

6 gallon journal
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...208&highlight=

you can see more photos here the 4 8" cubes are on flicker... will get to their journal at some point (they are fun as they change often)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/laq/

webdesign: www.littleowlwebdesign.com
laqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:27 AM   #51
Adam T
Algae Grower

definatly the place to go... They have tons of mosses and plants that are appropriate for nano tanks. If your looking for glosso or HC best bet is to wait until they get a delivery as it doesnt hold up great in their system (they should add co2 to atleast 1 tank). They also have a great selection of hardwater plants, fish, and shrimp if your looking to try something different. Check out the gertrudes rainbows, dwarf cories, the celestial pearl danios, and sparkling gouramis all of which would be great in a nano tank.
Adam T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:50 AM   #52
laqu
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam T View Post
They also have a great selection of hardwater plants, fish, and shrimp if your looking to try something different. Check out the gertrudes rainbows, dwarf cories, the celestial pearl danios, and sparkling gouramis all of which would be great in a nano tank.
I KNOW those fish are cool.. they also think shrimp babies are yummy!

I have to be in Verona 2x this weekend ... so I will head over there... should be like 30 minutes away from there.
1 betta

Here they are http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/al...p?albumid=9625

6 gallon journal
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...208&highlight=

you can see more photos here the 4 8" cubes are on flicker... will get to their journal at some point (they are fun as they change often)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/laq/

webdesign: www.littleowlwebdesign.com
laqu is offline   Reply With Quote