co2 and pearling?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 12-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #1
pirayaman
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

co2 and pearling?

OK I have the fluval 88g tiny tank set up.ceramic diffuser. With a power head pushing all bubbles downward and around tank. They DO stick to plants. I've watched for hours pearling but not from oxygen. Is from co2 I have a hob filter 440 emperor that pushes water across and down so bubbles never make it to surface. Is in a 30 gallon cube 20/20/20. I'm not understanding this pearling talk cause I've watched my tank co2 never get to.surface unless 1 thousand times smaller than they started and are invisible. My power head has bubbles my inlet on filter has bubbles. I really don't understand this. What is the temp you guys run for tanks and plants. I have mine up to 85 so I understand cooler water more dissolution of co2.
pirayaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
HD Blazingwolf
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

The co2 is sticking less to plants than u think. A lot of the bubbles u are seeing on the underside are oxygen.. i run a co2 mist and if i dont have it high enough, i dont get bubbles, but u can clearly see that im spraying a mist everywhere
Old 12-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
R.sok
Planted Tank Obsessed

I can't quite make out what you're asking. Are you wondering why your plants won't pearl? I use a reactor & I don't see bubbles go inside the tank however I do see bubbles forming on my plants leaves. 85f is pretty high, what plants are you keeping? I'm at 72-78f
R.sok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
pirayaman
Planted Tank Obsessed

Yeah I know temp is high lfs and ick. Right out the gate. The bubbles from co2 make it around my tank in a circle at least 2 times maybe due to high temp low dissolve. But I've seen the bubbles stick to my plants and build up. I have 13 different types of plants and intend to keep them perfectly trimmed as I'm a landscape biz owner for long time now I realized that perfect shape and size to bush's/ plants takes year.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:36 AM   #5
HD Blazingwolf
Planted Tank Guru

do the bubbles stick ALLL the way down to the very bottom or just the top portion closest to the light?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #6
pirayaman
Planted Tank Obsessed

All over high mid not on the ground cover dwarf tears I have 2 63 watt t8 but they are 36 inch and wide tank is 20 wide so Im losing some of it and a 19 18 watt t 8. They have chrome reflectors
Old 12-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
pirayaman
Planted Tank Obsessed

I lowered temp to 79 this smorning . First pic is set up 2 is java fern and those bubbles are deffinatly from my co2. 3 pic is co2 bubbles still going around in circle that's on opposite side as setup toward back of tank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	59096  

Old 12-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
pirayaman
Planted Tank Obsessed

Sorry it's not letting me post more than 1 pic per post. So 1=3rd 2=2nd and 3=1st
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	24
Size:	230.1 KB
ID:	59098  

Old 12-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
pirayaman
Planted Tank Obsessed

Setup
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	24
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	59099  

Old 12-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #10
HD Blazingwolf
Planted Tank Guru

If its the co2 bubbles. They will be top to bottom.. pearling will be on the closest leaves to the lights depending on how intense ur lights are..
That is ur variable.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #11
vqfive
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Not sure what the question is. Bubbles on the leaves surface and edges usually is oxygen what we call Pearling. The plant is giving off oxygen through photosynthises when light and carbon is in the tank. Co2 will sometime get trapped under leaves but should not be sticking to the surface of the leaves. How about try this tomorrow morning turn on your co2 but not your lights. Leave lights out but co2 on. See if the what you think is co2 begins sticking to the plants. I suspect you will not see this happening that would suggest it is oxygen not co2 your seeing.
vqfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #12
pirayaman
Planted Tank Obsessed

Ok I see what it all means now I think as my dwarf baby tears have little bubbles coming from the top two leaves of every stem