Bottom Feeders for Nano
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 12-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
STS_1OO
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Bottom Feeders for Nano

Hey all,

Still figuring out my stock for my 5G Fluval Spec V.

So far I've narrowed it down to some micro Rasbora (Chili Rasboras) and one or two Scarlet Badis.

I was thinking about getting dwarf cories for bottom feeders but I hear that they like to be in large enough numbers such that a 5G is not all that great.

Any thoughts on that or any other fish you would recommend?

Thanks!
STS_1OO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Diana
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Dwarf Cories are OK in a 5, I would get half a dozen, with the other fish you list.
Those tiny Rasboras are almost like nothing, so a dozen. Would you be wanting to breed the Badis?
Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
STS_1OO
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post
Dwarf Cories are OK in a 5, I would get half a dozen, with the other fish you list.
Those tiny Rasboras are almost like nothing, so a dozen. Would you be wanting to breed the Badis?
As always, thanks for your input Diana.

You know thats the conundrum I'm in with the Chilis. They dart instead of swimming (which is probably a function of their size so I won't hold that against them). Also I'd need 1-1.5 dozen to make any impact.

I don't want to breed the Badis but I know that two males won't work (I have their blue Badis Badis cousin which grow to 1"+ and the two males are not friendly towards each other).

One thing I want to avoid though is too much of one color in my stock. With Chilis being red and the Scarlet Badis being so close in color, I wonder if I should switch to a different rasbora.

Thoughts?
STS_1OO is offline   Reply With Quote