Have a pet(s)? Share a pic here! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Photography

Old 11-30-2012, 03:28 AM   #16
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandas tank View Post
Catahoulas are really beautiful dogs! I've never had the priveledge of seeing one in person.....I tell ya I own the sidewalk when I walk with these guys on either side of me LOL!....The big guy was with us for 7 years. We miss him.....
Travis is my 3rd in 20 years. Not a breed for a casual dog owner. I have to Mtn Bike him to really challenge him yesterday we walked 6mi.

When I used to walked these two, Elsa (Rotty) and Yukon (Alaskan Malamute) We got the same response. Which I never really understood as both dogs walked on my left side at heel and were very well mannered in town.

People would see Yukon 1st and everyone wanted to hung him, even people that didn't like dogs...like him. Then they'd see Elsa and freeze.

Of course a stranger wouldn't know that Elsa was titled in Conformation, Obedience , Rally, Shuzthund and was a Therapy dog. Yukon on the other hand would pee on people. Those two are gone now, I trust having a insane game of tug, waiting for me on the other side of the bridge.

Last edited by DogFish; 11-30-2012 at 04:25 AM.. Reason: sp
DogFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 03:40 AM   #17
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Wow nice dogs! My doberman is the same way when it comes to exersize. I have to take him for hard core bike rides usually between 3-4 hours twice a day otherwise he is a huge PITA! During winter, he becomes a sled dog He loves pulling.

Both my boys were very well mannered too. People would see Ozzy and panic "Is that a pitbull?" I've had folks think Patron is a rottie... What? This skinny thing??? LOL!

I have to challenge Patron (the doberman) consistantly to keep him on task and focused. He loves to learn new things and has a real drive to make me happy at what ever cost. Incredible breed. I've never known a dog to attempt everything I ask of him no matter how challenging it may be.

My dad raised Rotties and Pits when I was a kid. My great grandmother raised Samoyeds. My uncle had Daschunds and my Grandfather had German shepards and Blue Heelers. If it wasn't for being around all those strong headed breeds I probably would not have been able to raise my boys properly. They're my first dogs I've owned.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:24 AM   #18
driftwoodhunter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMB View Post
Mondi.
She was a wild dog that we actually trapped in a Have-A-Heart trap on a Caribbean island. It didn't take her long to get used to free food and water, AND a chaise overlooking the ocean.
Now she is a USA dog and this was her first snowfall.
lol - that must have been the world's largest Have-A-Heart trap. She looks very chic and pleased in her argyle!
The Fraternity of Dirt # 7 - Daughter of the Dirt - Canon Club #018
Twin 29g Dirt Tanks on an Iron Stand - DIY 3D Backgrounds
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...stand-pic.html
The Behemoth - 125 dirt tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=199772
driftwoodhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:29 AM   #19
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1542 View Post
Who doesn't like seeing some pets-looks like you've got some bengals of your own-they look great!
We have Moses, and your right, every picture I try to take he is either in it, or about to be in it.
Some examples:

And He snuggles:
Oh he's a beautiful snow! I wondered from the avatar if you had a bengal! They rock the cat world! More like dogs in my home. I have another bengal, but he hates his picture taken LOL! So, none of him and he is gorgeous! A 40 lb muscle-mania cat with rosettes. Have had him for years and still am in awe when he first see him in the morning.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #20
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodhunter View Post
Everyone has such lovely pets! I adore Shadow's story, and the laying-on-the-back-floppy-paw pose - lol

Right now I just have two cats. The red tabby is Taz, and I got from one of my assistant managers, his brother found her tossed into a dumpster. She was roughly 6 weeks old when I got her. She is a big poser. She huffs & puffs and struts like she's tough, but she squeals like a pig when the other cat calls her bluff.

The black cat is Zazu, and she's the same age as Taz, I adopted her from a no-kill shelter to keep the red kitten company. I think Zazu was deprived of oxygen or something, she has very slow reactions and is generally goofy, staring off into space for hours. These last few years she just stares at me, with big moony eyes that never blink. I'm finally used to it - lol. However I found out this summer that when a mouse shows up, she turns into the Terminator.

here they are, both going on 13 yrs old now.

no no no...I believe you are mistaken. That can't be Taz! It is no other than "Puss in Boots" from Shrek! You have a star livin amongst you
Old 11-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #21
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMB View Post
Mondi.
She was a wild dog that we actually trapped in a Have-A-Heart trap on a Caribbean island. It didn't take her long to get used to free food and water, AND a chaise overlooking the ocean.
Now she is a USA dog and this was her first snowfall.
Beautiful. She looks like a dingo.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #22
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandas tank View Post
...If it wasn't for being around all those strong headed breeds I probably would not have been able to raise my boys properly. They're my first dogs I've owned.
Just looking at that pic, I cam tell you dod a great job raising them.

I believe each dog we own prepares us for the next one in some manner.

I won't be bring in another dog until Travis is 6 (18mos.) he deserves some
individual attention as he was in the Rottweier's shadow his whole life. The next will be a girl and I am going to a low energy dog breed, maybe Bull Mastiff, Dogue de Bordeaux, or Boerboel. I really want a Komondor but I know I don't want to deal with the dreadlocks
DogFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #23
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
Just looking at that pic, I cam tell you dod a great job raising them.

I believe each dog we own prepares us for the next one in some manner.

I won't be bring in another dog until Travis is 6 (18mos.) he deserves some
individual attention as he was in the Rottweier's shadow his whole life. The next will be a girl and I am going to a low energy dog breed, maybe Bull Mastiff, Dogue de Bordeaux, or Boerboel. I really want a Komondor but I know I don't want to deal with the dreadlocks
Hey thanks. I appreciate that. It is a lot of dedication and hard work, but pays off everytime. My Dober-boy was beside himself for a little bit when he became the only dog, but soon decided it was a good thing. One dog = more attention = happy dog. So, I bet Travis is living the life as your one and only

I thought about getting a Boerboel. Found a great breeder out of South Africa. (through word of mouth) Almost got the pup. Then, I decided because we take so many vacations it wouldn't be a wise move being that they are very serious about guarding the families turf when the humans are gone against pretty much anyone. What incredibly powerful dogs! There's just something about powerful breeds that have a hold on me.

What about Rhodesian Ridgebacks? Very nice too...and Thai Ridgebacks are pretty neat.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:42 AM   #24
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Driftwoodhunter, I wanted to share with you my old orange cat. He was definetely Garfield in disguise as "Sir Limpio"

ps...the dog in the background was my uncles pug/rottweiler/pitbull mix. Man was he confused LOL!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:48 AM   #25
driftwoodhunter
Planted Tank Guru

haha - I can see the "attitudinal" in your red tabby - I love their personalities, they are characters! My cats are both girls, the vet told me less than 15% of red tabbies are female. I hope I'll always have a crazy cat! I would love to dress them up in costumes and take their pics at Halloween, but they're not declawed, and my health insurance only cover so much ; )
Old 11-30-2012, 05:58 AM   #26
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I know right! He was totally owning my back HaHa! And how dare someone take his picture!!!

Just wear some carharts from head to toe...double layered...then have at that Halloween dress up party!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:27 AM   #27
driftwoodhunter
Planted Tank Guru

Since Taz is such a trouble maker, I want to dress her up in black & white striped prison garb, complete with the little cap, like in "Where Art Thou Brother". Zazu is round & cobby like an English Shorthair with big round eyes, and I bet she's brilliant behind that clueless look, so I'd make her an owl costume. Or maybe a jailer. She'd like to be Taz's jailer - lol
Old 11-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #28
foxfish
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Here are mine.....

foxfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #29
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

@ Driftwoodhunter They would hate you heehee

@ Foxfish That's a whole clan of ferrets! They are loads of fun singley...I can't even imagine that bunch! What are their names?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #30
driftwoodhunter
Planted Tank Guru

I can't imagine how lively your home is with all those ferrets! I bet you have a blast : )
I see you live in the Channel Islands - how exotic! Do you mind me asking which one?

Tags
bird photos, cat photos, fish photos, lizard photos, pet photos