pregnant oto or sick oto?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 12-09-2012, 01:49 AM   #1
Bryanmc1988
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (34/100%)

pregnant oto or sick oto?

well i have seen my oto getting fat all of a sudden and i'm not sure if its sick or pregnant... and if its pregnant then what should i do i have 3 oto in one tank 2 looks fat but this one is the fatest out of the other one... and the 1 out of the 2 that are fat is slim... if its sick what is causing it?

a little more detail... i moved it around with a net handle and it does run away but more like wiggles then moves a few inch then sits, then i moved it some more to take a better angle photo and it ran to the top of the water and sticks its noise out of the water surface and hops/trying to jump out? not a big jump but just like how fish snaps at the top o the water for food... same way the oto is "hopping out of the water", any idea's?

here are a few photo's of my FAT oto:

Last edited by Bryanmc1988; 12-09-2012 at 01:56 AM.. Reason: details
Bryanmc1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 02:13 AM   #2
secuono
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/96%)

It looks slightly too fat, but could just be full of eggs. Mine were slightly less round when full of eggs. If she's acting fairly normal, I wouldn't worry too much.
secuono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #3
Bryanmc1988
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (34/100%)

will they breed? i mean i dont see any of them interested in here if i seen a fat female i wouldnt ether but thats just me lol should the males go crazy and chase her around?

P.S. its not full from food, i can tell you that cause i havent feed it anything lol i had barbs with it and feed the barbs flakes and they eat it all in matter of mins and the otos never got the chance to even see it...
Bryanmc1988 is offline   Reply With Quote