Powerball - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 11-30-2012, 12:13 AM   #31
thefisherman
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

http://www.theonion.com/articles/pow...adline:default

- thefisherman

The Fisherman's Workbench
thefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #32
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefisherman View Post
Oh, the Onion

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 03:42 AM   #33
zzrguy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarist_Fist View Post
A great alternative would be to spend some money on protecting the dangerous five instead of shooting them...

Me, umm...I'd be utterly confused. Make sure everyone in my family never has to worry about money again, donate money to charity, environmental stewardship. Donate to my athletics programs so they stop sucking. Be a philanthropist and get invited to all kinds of black tie events. Expensive lifestyle and all that. Get my own plane and call it "The Pearl Gourami."

It is a proven fact that hunting does more for the animals the giving money to conservation. The animal have a value the money spent in the region brings jobs and promotes the conservation of the land and animals. This is evend in the conservation efforts put forth by hunters to save the Rinos.

29gal
zzrguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #34
Mike1239
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzrguy View Post
It is a proven fact that hunting does more for the animals the giving money to conservation. The animal have a value the money spent in the region brings jobs and promotes the conservation of the land and animals. This is evend in the conservation efforts put forth by hunters to save the Rinos.

That counts for animals that would over populate the area and not have enough resources to support them. Not 4 large animals that are on the endangered species list and one that will be on its way. How much of a hunter do you need to be to shoot an elephant, you just need a big gun.
Mike1239 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #35
blink
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Easy.

Pay off family debts/bills, buy some houses/cars whatever for family. I haven't got many blood relations left and while I've got plenty of 2nd n 3rd cousins I'm not gonna buy em all something. Uncle Martin I haven't seen in 30 years... yeah, not so much.

Figure that'd cost me $20 million TOPS

I would buy some property, probably something like this
http://www.vladi-private-islands.de/...terranean-sea/

Let's call that $25 million

I'd buy a nice yacht or some charter/time share rights to a jet so I could get to my island

Call that $2 million

I'd set up some sort of revenue stream for a couple of my favorite charities
I don't really know what, but I've got some money, I may as well spread it around.

$50 million

I'd gratuitously piss away a few million... cars, parties, nice clothing, gadgets... I'd solve some first world problems, like not having air conditioning in my house or the newest cell phone.

$3 million

I'd probably buy my employer's business so I have something to do when I'm bored.

$5 million maybe

I would slap the other $395 million into some sort of savings/investment scheme, even at 2% interest that should give me $7.9 million gross income... I don't know, I should be able to sustain a reasonably lavish lifestyle on that much and still make yearly charitable contributions without stretching myself too badly.
blink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.