The Planted Tank Forum banner

5g moss tree

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  oliver77 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's my other tank, which is just a nano 5g. I had it running without any fish earlier. made a mistake of mixing the soil with gravel and it turns out to be so ugly so I redo it.

here's fts, the crypts are growing new shoots already. both of the plants on the left side are high tech plants though. I bought it without knowing that they are high tech, woops.... :icon_eek: i think they are "Tonina" of some sort.

there are a lot of sucker fish fries in this tank. apparently some eggs stuck to the plants and they hatched right after i planted them in here... no idea which species of sucker fish as they are all still small.

that's all. :)

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
A little update.

Probably i should've opened this thread in journal section lol.

as suspected the left plants started to melt, and i didn't want to wait till they all melt
so took them out. with the christmas moss i found outside my house i made a small moss tree out of them and voila.

also u notice i removed the island since i think it was blocking the view.

#6 ·
THanks GMYukonon24s!

Anyway, the fries are getting bigger and healthier.
But still can't figure out what they are. My earlier guess was suckerfish fish of some sort.
But they no longer stick to the glass now and they looked like cardinals.. or maybe Zebra Danios?

Photography mode with rusty skill:

#7 ·
with the blue eye and lateral line I wonder if they are a rainbow fish of some sort.
or perhapsa neon?
interesting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.