I'm about to double my wattage....
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
ANTIplastic
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 62
Default

I'm about to double my wattage....


And I've heard that whenever you add more light to your tank you are going to obviously have an algae fight for a little bit. What are some ways to battle this?

I was thinking that the week I install the light is the week I add some more plants to help absorb.
ANTIplastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Steve001
Wannabe Guru
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 1,315
Default

Ok you doubled the wattage, but how does this relate to PAR output ?
Steve001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
mitchfish9
Planted Tank Nation
 
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Oak Park, IL
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve001 View Post
Ok you doubled the wattage, but how does this relate to PAR output ?
+1 doubling it depends on what kind of bulb and fixture you are using to double the watts. It can vary greatly
mitchfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
Steve001
Wannabe Guru
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 1,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchfish9 View Post
+1 doubling it depends on what kind of bulb and fixture you are using to double the watts. It can vary greatly
It certainly does depend
Steve001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
freph
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (22/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 2,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTIplastic View Post
And I've heard that whenever you add more light to your tank you are going to obviously have an algae fight for a little bit. What are some ways to battle this?

I was thinking that the week I install the light is the week I add some more plants to help absorb.
More CO2 and monitor for fertilizer deficiencies to see if you need to add more fertilizers as well.
__________________
20L - Decommissioned Mini M - Decommissioned
freph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012