2nd build
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 11-18-2012, 04:41 AM   #1
Brian041
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

2nd build

I happened to come across a free fluval edge 6g tank. I was planning on just using it as grow out tank, but then I decided I'd rather have it just as a small desk tank. Sadly it was missing everything but the glass tank itself.

However, being the DIYer I am, I looked at it as an opportunity to build most of the tank myself with a new custom canopy, filter, etc... I'm thinking I might do another rock wall like I did on my 55 (picture below).

So, this time I'm going to keep a start to finish journal of it (hopefully, if time permits between college and my various jobs).

One question I did have for the forum is what are some stocking suggestions for a small tank like this? I know Bettas are good for this size tank, but I was wondering if anyone had any different suggestions.
Brian041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Brian041
Planted Member

So I drew up a rough idea of how I want it to go. Normally with custom backgrounds I go with the equipment chamber on the right side, but due to the small central opening on the Fluval edge, I had to make the chamber in the center. Since I'm building a custom canister filter with this one, I have a bit more room to play with as opposed to if I got a bulky hang on the back filter.

front view

top view

side view

back view
Old 11-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
Brian041
Planted Member

Update, stated forming the base of the wall. Decided to include some planting boxes to allow for plants in areas besides just the substrate.