Long Island LFS Tour + Franks Aquarium [Photo added] - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 11-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #46
furnfins
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)

Frank is in Lindenhurst,LI. If he has dwarf cories I'd love some. If this is definately a Saturday I migh be able to fit a few in my car from Brooklyn.
If I don't have to go look at wedding venues..

Last edited by furnfins; 11-19-2012 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: more info
furnfins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #47
ecotanker
Algae Grower

PTrader: (13/100%)

Perhaps we should make it a Saturday, so more people can join us?
ecotanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #48
plantednano
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by furnfins View Post
Frank is in Lindenhurst,LI. If he has dwarf cories I'd love some. If this is definately a Saturday I migh be able to fit a few in my car from Brooklyn.
If I don't have to go look at wedding venues..
No ****ing way!!! lmao

Frank is going to have to be my new best friend since he lives practically around the block from me *really happy*

i google mapped Frank's aquarium yesterday and it showed Lindenhurst and i went "No way he's in my town this must be wrong"

I will most certainly be making this one!

IDK how far he is from the train station, but i live literally two blocks away from the station in Lindenhurst and would be willing to pick someone up if that is their only way in and Frank is to far to walk to. (I only have room for one passanger)

Does he specialize in planted aquariums or more of just breeds nano fish?
plantednano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #49
Monster Fish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantednano View Post
No ****ing way!!! lmao

Frank is going to have to be my new best friend since he lives practically around the block from me *really happy*

i google mapped Frank's aquarium yesterday and it showed Lindenhurst and i went "No way he's in my town this must be wrong"

I will most certainly be making this one!

IDK how far he is from the train station, but i live literally two blocks away from the station in Lindenhurst and would be willing to pick someone up if that is their only way in and Frank is to far to walk to. (I only have room for one passanger)

Does he specialize in planted aquariums or more of just breeds nano fish?
He specializes in hard to find fish, often wild-caught imports and nano fish.

I'm still waiting on Frank to let me know when he's available.
RAOK Club #77|The Fraternity of Dirt #112
Monster Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #50
VivaDaWolf
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

I just got the friday off request today to my manager...Im going to be sad if it gets changed ><
VivaDaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #51
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

Even if frank is unavailable, i think its worth making the lfs trip out there. On the way back, could stop by tropical showcase and Pets Warehouse. I sort of want to check out pets warehouse ( Sunrise Highway, Copiague, NY) as its known for their extensive plant section... hmmm
Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #52
Trail_Mix
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
Even if frank is unavailable, i think its worth making the lfs trip out there. On the way back, could stop by tropical showcase and Pets Warehouse. I sort of want to check out pets warehouse ( Sunrise Highway, Copiague, NY) as its known for their extensive plant section... hmmm
This sounds like an awesome idea! I moved from Brooklyn to Nyack recently, so I am across the Hudson, but I have a mini-van, and if people are interested, I would love to go on a little tour of all these places and whatnot! I also wanna stop by Pacific on my way to LI. If anyone wants to do this and needs a ride, I'd happily pick up some fellow enthusiasts! Just toss me a few dollars gas money
Trail_Mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #53
furnfins
Planted Tank Enthusiast

When I went out there if I'm remembering correctly he's off on Saturday and I believe one day during the week. I'm pretty sure he worked Saturday because that's when I took the drive. I wanted to go Sunday when I'm out on the Island at my dog club. I hope I can go and he has pymeous cory's.

Plantednano, how awsome for you! Don't know the name of the main road I was on(just followed gps) but he was only a couple blocks up from the highway.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:05 AM   #54
Monster Fish
Planted Tank Guru

Okay. Got an update from Frank. He has a decent amount of hasbrosus cories, sparrow rasboras, and spotted rasboras. He's getting in more chilis and phoenix rasboras along with microcrabs and pygmaeus cories.

He still hasn't given me his day of availability so I'm still waiting on that.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #55
chibikaie
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

Oooooh chilis!

Kinda scared of getting cory cats after reading that article.
chibikaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #56
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

Quote:
When I went out there if I'm remembering correctly he's off on Saturday and I believe one day during the week. I'm pretty sure he worked Saturday because that's when I took the drive. I wanted to go Sunday when I'm out on the Island at my dog club. I hope I can go and he has pymeous cory's.

Plantednano, how awsome for you! Don't know the name of the main road I was on(just followed gps) but he was only a couple blocks up from the highway.
I came across several dozen pygmae cories last week in NJ for $1.75 each. Its just trying to work out the logistics of getting them to people is the problem. Didnt really post any of our finds since none of the folks here venture that far west and the idea of using twitter was shot down by so many people though i would have gladly brought them back.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #57
cprash
Keeper of Pencilfish

PTrader: (20/100%)
Send a message via AIM to cprash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Mix View Post
This sounds like an awesome idea! I moved from Brooklyn to Nyack recently, so I am across the Hudson, but I have a mini-van, and if people are interested, I would love to go on a little tour of all these places and whatnot! I also wanna stop by Pacific on my way to LI. If anyone wants to do this and needs a ride, I'd happily pick up some fellow enthusiasts! Just toss me a few dollars gas money
You could use Pacific as a meeting point for whoever goes with you, catching two fish with one net. (I don't like killing two birds with one stone, lol)
Old 11-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #58
Monster Fish
Planted Tank Guru

Okay. Frank responded and Nov 30th is looking good so far, if anything doesn't change on his end.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #59
furnfins
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Bummer that's a Friday. Have a fun time! Next time I take my daughter to check out wedding venues I think I'll call and see if I can stop by. Can someon check to see if he has peacock gudgeons?
Old 11-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #60
Monster Fish
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Bummer that's a Friday. Have a fun time! Next time I take my daughter to check out wedding venues I think I'll call and see if I can stop by. Can someon check to see if he has peacock gudgeons?
Yeah, we can try to make it another day next time. Also, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for peacock gudgeons.

Anyways, for those of you who are going, please post which borough you're coming from and if you need a ride or if you're driving.