Low tech/Asian biotope
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Low Tech Forum

Old 05-14-2013, 03:32 AM   #1
sepehr
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Low tech/Asian biotope

I've had a 75 g high tech planted tank for almost 3 yrs now but I'm leaving the country for 2 months starting in June. I'm planning to sell most of my plants except the anubias and the crypts. I'm also getting rid of my tetras, shrimps, ottos, and corrys.

Once, I'm back in August I want to try a low tech planted tank with Asian biotope as far as the fish go such as clown loaches, pearl gourami, SAE, red tailed black shark, and a few others.

As for equipment and maintenance, I'm planning to keep the pressurized CO2 system just keep the PH low. Dose ferts (EI method) only half a dose per week (meaning one day macros and one day micros per week ONLY) and do 40% WC every 2 wks. I'm also keeping one T5HO 54 watts light fixture.

I wonder if Blyxa Japonica and Marsilea Hirsuta survive given such conditions. Any other suggestions? Please do let me know.
sepehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 03:40 AM   #2
Searchlights
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I've grown blyxa like a boss with no ferts or co2, just a dirt substrate and a 54w HO T5 :p. So id think you'd be ok on that. The only bad thing is that its a magnet for plant eating fish :p my rainbows dominated it in a couple days once they figured it out lol.

55g planted, with bosemani, turquoise, and Australian rainbows.
40g low light, yellow neocaridina, tetra tank.
55g mbuna tank
Dirt<3

God formed Man out of dirt from the ground and blew into his nostrils the breath of life. The Man came alive - a living soul-- Genesis 2:7
Searchlights is offline   Reply With Quote