Just a few pics of my tanks and my fishroom...
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 12-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
jhays79
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

Just a few pics of my tanks and my fishroom...

Took a few photos of my tanks today. My fishroom is small, but it's my little sanctuary.
40g work in progress

This tank is about 9 months old, dirted with T5 lighting, around 75 watts, and DIY Co2. I would like to fill in the back left corner with a lot of Jungle Val. It has Anubias, Java Fern, some HC, a couple Crypts, Swords and Dwarf Sag. It has 9 Xiphophorus Mayae Swordtails in it too.

33g

This tank is what it is. I had a bunch of swordtails, and they kept multiplying like Gremlins, so I threw them all in this tank with a couple powerheads that give the tank a lot of current. There are Swords and 4 Cory Cats, and they all love the water movement. There is really no aquascaping. I had a ton of Dwarf Sag so planted the entire floor of the tank with that, and added a few stems of Ludwigia Repens and Moneywort, and some weird Sword plant. The Crinum is just floating in there. It came out of another tank and I don't know what to do with it for now it just hangs out.

Here's an overview of my fishroom. There is an empty 10g on the lower shelf, and my emersed plants on top. You can also see an empty 50g bowfront that is going to replace my 29g tank i have in my living room as soon as I get a piece of big driftwood for it so I can start scaping it. I have the two big tanks plumbed with siphons that drain the water via a pipe to the outside under my front porch. I turn a valve and the water drains, its great!
jhays79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
Hilde
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhays79 View Post
You can also see an empty 50g bowfront that is going to replace my 29g tank i have in my living room
Very nice.

I would like to see some pics of the 29, for I have 1
Hilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Nice setups!

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
jhays79
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

Thanks for the replies. I need to get some better pics. The 29 I have in my living room is nothing more than a bunch of java ferns, an amazon sword, and some baby crypt wendti browns. I plan on breaking that tank down and moving it into my fishroom, and moving the empty 55 upstairs.

Yesterday I bought these super long Jungle Vals to go in my 40 gallon as the background plant. I got all of these for 7 bucks each, I think they're about 3 ft long!

Also picked up another RIO powerhead. Its a Rio 50. I love these little buggers. Added that to the 40 so I can get a little more current and flow.

I need to get a better picture of the 40g since I messed with it yesterday and pulled someplants out and added the Jungle Val.
jhays79 is offline   Reply With Quote