Fluval G6 - Stay Away - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #31
ronaldvalente
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 241
Default

75G Planted Tank


20G Cichlid Tank

Last edited by ronaldvalente; 11-17-2012 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: Broken Images
ronaldvalente is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #32
TexasCichlid
Surrounded by Blyxa
 
TexasCichlid's Avatar
 
PTrader: (27/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,504
Default

If you ever want to get rid of the G6 let me know. I'm a gadget guy and it looks like a fun gadget.
TexasCichlid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #33
davrx
Cretum Aqua Planta
 
davrx's Avatar
 
PTrader: (55/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somerset, Ohio
Posts: 912
Default G3 and G6

I have a G3 on a 12 gal. tank and a G6 on a 60 gal. tank, both planted tanks. I've had the G6 running for going on 2 years now and the G3 for a year. No problems with either one. I have to change the mechanical filter every week or two but it's so easy with these it's not a problem. In fact, easiest filter I've ever had. I change the chemical every 2 months and rinse the biological every 6 months. I've had several Eheims and these Fluvals are much easier to maintian in my opinion.
__________________

Better Living Through Chemistry
davrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #34
ronaldvalente
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davrx View Post
I have a G3 on a 12 gal. tank and a G6 on a 60 gal. tank, both planted tanks. I've had the G6 running for going on 2 years now and the G3 for a year. No problems with either one. I have to change the mechanical filter every week or two but it's so easy with these it's not a problem. In fact, easiest filter I've ever had. I change the chemical every 2 months and rinse the biological every 6 months. I've had several Eheims and these Fluvals are much easier to maintian in my opinion.
Agreed on the easy maint.

Do you *replace* or just *clean* the mechanical filter every week?

-R
ronaldvalente is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 02:09 AM   #35
davrx
Cretum Aqua Planta
 
davrx's Avatar
 
PTrader: (55/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somerset, Ohio
Posts: 912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldvalente View Post
Agreed on the easy maint.

Do you *replace* or just *clean* the mechanical filter every week?

-R
Just clean, haven't needed to replace them yet. The only thing I have to replace is the charcoal.
__________________

Better Living Through Chemistry
davrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #36
ronaldvalente
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCichlid View Post
If you ever want to get rid of the G6 let me know. I'm a gadget guy and it looks like a fun gadget.
I'll let yo know, it is currently on my Cichlid tank, doing much better.

R
ronaldvalente is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012