Going Big - 210 gal. New pics Updated 6-1-13 - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 11-30-2012, 03:56 AM   #31
MikeS
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

New pics

Hopefully will be getting more and different plants this weekend.
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 01:36 AM   #32
MikeS
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Just in case anyone is following this, I have started stocking the tank. Now up to 32 balloon lamp eye tetras, 2 german blue rams, 2 bushynose plecos. I have 9 roseline sharks in my buddy's tank that I hope to bring back next weekend.

This will be last update unless I get requests. The thread died so I am getting stocking ideas in the fish forums.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #33
ikuzo
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo

i love the background plants
some anubias on the woods would look terrific
Old 12-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #34
andrewss
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

tank is looking good, post some pix of the new arrivals
andrewss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #35
MikeS
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks.

I was thinking about anubias and/or java fern. Have to try a couple other stores. I saw a mat of java fern, which I would have loved to grab and cut up, but was already buying about $100 fish and knew the wife would have had a cow (even though she let me have this size tank lol). Didn;t grab any still pics, but here is a short video of tetras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIQB...&feature=g-upl
Old 12-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #36
Turtlemaxxx
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
The thread died
So not true! We are just lurking and pretending this is the tank that lives in the basement that just magically does awesome! We could start some random banter to keep this thread posted on everyday... but what we lurk for is the pictures that tell a story. Empty tank, growing tank, tank gone wild! rehab tank (gets a trim to be more presentable), then we like to see a random picture once a month or so.

At least that's what I'm hoping goes on... otherwise i will have to get out the shovel and lay my journal to rest.

I'm here to get ideas for my 125. The little 12 gallon tanks look cool and all, but there is no way I can do that with a 15 month at home. Too much time. But a set-it-and-forget-it tank of grand proportions? winner.

The Fraternity of Dirt #111
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech
25 gallon dirty
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=192749
Turtlemaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #37
MikeS
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlemaxxx View Post
So not true! We are just lurking and pretending this is the tank that lives in the basement that just magically does awesome! We could start some random banter to keep this thread posted on everyday... but what we lurk for is the pictures that tell a story. Empty tank, growing tank, tank gone wild! rehab tank (gets a trim to be more presentable), then we like to see a random picture once a month or so.

At least that's what I'm hoping goes on... otherwise i will have to get out the shovel and lay my journal to rest.

I'm here to get ideas for my 125. The little 12 gallon tanks look cool and all, but there is no way I can do that with a 15 month at home. Too much time. But a set-it-and-forget-it tank of grand proportions? winner.
Thanks! I guess I will keep it up then. And for the 15 month old and set it and forget it, exactly. I have a 2.5 yr old so I can't be constantly trimming and screwing around with it. Hoping to let it grow and watch, with the occasional maintenance. Not only do I want to sit and enjoy it, but make it enjoyable for him as well.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #38
MikeS
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Nothing new, just battling some algae. Got hit with BBA, tank ran dry and wasn't paying attention. btw, I have never seen ammano shrimp get "full" size. Amazing shrimp. Will have to take some pics once I get the tank looking good again. Vals and sag are starting their runners!!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #39
Turtlemaxxx
Algae Grower

How does a 210 gallon tank go dry?

The Fraternity of Dirt #111
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech
25 gallon dirty
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=192749
Turtlemaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #40
MikeS
Planted Tank Enthusiast

My bad, my CO2 tank ran out.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #41
etgregoire
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Shoot. Good luck with the BBA! I'm subscribed, this is going to be really nice as it fills out!
etgregoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #42
MikeS
Planted Tank Enthusiast

BBA I think is in check. Bad thing is my vals got hit hard from the excel. Do I just do some trimming and they will come back? Also thinking of just replacing them with something that can take excel dosing - any ideas? Needs to be tall and low light.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #43
etgregoire
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

I have Vals, and I dose Excel. I think that they just don't do well with over dosing. I had some CO2 problems a few months ago and wasn't dosing ferts properly and I had a lot of their blades start to thin and come off. Took a huuuge hit. Just a few months later it's like a jungle in there, so if you give it some time and CO2 you will probably see some results in a couple weeks.

Stay on top of spot dosing. Now that I have a good regulator with consistent CO2 output, and i have been very regimented about dosing and water changes... I can spot treat with Excel and have been having good results getting the BBA at least to a point where it isn't so distracting. It's on the way out hopefully...
etgregoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #44
MikeS
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by etgregoire View Post
I have Vals, and I dose Excel. I think that they just don't do well with over dosing. I had some CO2 problems a few months ago and wasn't dosing ferts properly and I had a lot of their blades start to thin and come off. Took a huuuge hit. Just a few months later it's like a jungle in there, so if you give it some time and CO2 you will probably see some results in a couple weeks.

Stay on top of spot dosing. Now that I have a good regulator with consistent CO2 output, and i have been very regimented about dosing and water changes... I can spot treat with Excel and have been having good results getting the BBA at least to a point where it isn't so distracting. It's on the way out hopefully...

Thx!!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #45
MikeS
Planted Tank Enthusiast