10 gal setup
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Low Tech Forum

Old 01-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
Southern Rebel
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

10 gal setup

I am setting up my first 10gal planted tank and I am wanting advice on what plants to go with. I am using CaribSea Eco-Complete and Finnex FugeRay Aquarium LED Light Plus Moonlights (7000k) and Seachem Flourish Tabs. I will not be using co2 and I want this to be a low light setup. I want a thick grassy area up front and then in the middle I want medium tall plants, real thick and in the back tall thick plants. I want all green plants. I will be buying a small piece of driftwood to put in the center I think and maybe tie plants to it? But I really don't know what plants to get based on what I'm looking for. Thanks
Southern Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
BruceF
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)

I think some dwarf hairgrass, a few crypts and some rotala in the rear would work. I find them all pretty easy.
BruceF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #3
koiboi
Planted Member

A little off topic, but I'm getting those same lights for my tank and building a wooden canopy for the top. My lights aren't here yet, and I'm wondering if you can tell me how tall the fixture is when sitting on top of your tank? I'm guessing a couple of inches, but an actual measurement would be great. Thanks!
koiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:20 PM   #4
Southern Rebel
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by koiboi View Post
A little off topic, but I'm getting those same lights for my tank and building a wooden canopy for the top. My lights aren't here yet, and I'm wondering if you can tell me how tall the fixture is when sitting on top of your tank? I'm guessing a couple of inches, but an actual measurement would be great. Thanks!
mine aren't here yet. I just ordered them off of amazon lol I am hoping they will work on my glass top.
Southern Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:56 PM   #5
Whjdm069
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

The light fits fine with the glass lid. You just have to pop off a piece from the mount. Easy to do. I don't like mine hard mounted as I like ti be able to access the tank regularly. The light sits a couple inches off the top. So probably close to 3 inches from the water depending on your water level. Hope this helps
Whjdm069 is offline   Reply With Quote