Need a comparison
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Finnex / Schuber Wright

Old 11-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Miira
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Need a comparison

I have a Marineland Reef Capable LED on the fritz and was thinking of replacing it with a Finnex. Do any of the Finnex models have an equivalent light output? Thanks!
Miira is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
jbrady33
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Are you doing a planted tank or a reef tank? The specs on the Marineland in this thread say it is technically more p;owerful than the Ray2, but in a way that is more suited to corals (and algae) unless it is at least a foo tover the tank.

The Finnex Ray2 would be a perfect high-power light for a planted tank, but it will look differnent as the Marineland is 10,000k light (very white/blue for reef tanks) and the Finnex for planted tanks is 7,000k light (warmer, white yellow like sunlight).

They do make a Finnex Ray2 with similar reef like lighting (bleach bright and blueish) if you really like that look.

Would need to know a lot more about your tank to make a recommendation, but I would rather have the Finnex myself. (and it will cost quite a bit less)

Are you:
growing plants?
injecting Co2?
fertilizing?
how big is your tank (in gallons and height in inches)?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
Miira
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

I use it on my planted tank with no issues. I do like the look. If the par readings are similar, I may buy their reef light, instead of replacing the Marineland fixture.

Basically, the light I had was working great for my set-up and I liked the super bright white, so I would like to replace it with something very similar.
Miira is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.