New Fluval spec 10ltr - by Fishywishy
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 09-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
Fishywishy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

New Fluval spec 10ltr - by Fishywishy

Hi everybody

Newbie here from the Uk! I just purchased a Fluval spec 10ltr along with an AquaGrow C02 starter kit, Nutrafin Cycle additive and Aquaplus water conditioner.

I've had tropical fish tanks in the past but after reading up on here and seeing some of the beautiful Planted nano tanks I've caught the bug again! I really love the natural looking planted tanks and just had to give it ago!

I currently have nothing setup as I want to get it right first time, if thats possible..

I would like some opinions on the right Substrate to go for? I would like a black substrate if possible and was thinking of the Fluval plant stratum substrate ?

Would this be suitable?

Also any recommendations on anything else I should need for the tank? Heater etc? I plan to have a few shrimp in there after its cycled and maybe a betta?

I'll start a journal and keep it up to date with pics so you can see the progress

So far.. Not a lot

Fishywishy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
Fishywishy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Well I went for Terta Substrate topped with black 3mm gravel in the end..

I've planted it up, added the co2 diffuser and cycle/water treatment.

Here's how it looks so far..

The pot in there is to hold the wood down while it water logs.. As it keeps floating to the top!!
Fishywishy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.