sandy! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 11-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #16
kruzerman
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Tough deal for all those hit hard. Family and friends in PA about an hour north of Philly are still without power too. We got very lucky down here in Baltimore. No damage or power outages but we now have a water main break down the block. Woke up to no water pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
kruzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #17
mach_six
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquariumNoob View Post
We got lucky.. no flooding or damage at my house.
Certain parts in town and most neighboring areas have power so it wont be long hopefully. Our town got hit nowhere near as hard as the shore. A few downed lines/poles but nothing insane. Probably 4 or 5 within the few miles ive driven.
I heard if you complain to AT&T they will give you a credit on your plan because teh cell service sucks now. One of my co-workers got $130 credit which i assume was her family plan cost. I'm sure that's probably the last of your worries now.

She lives by Monmouth Junction and has no power, gas, or water so that's pretty up a Sh creek literally to even flush.

I just got my power back last night 1am and the only casualty I lost was an emerald crab in my s/w tank. No basement flooding since we barely got any rain.

My freshwater 55G at work was on a building generator power, when i went to work yesterday there was no power to lights so luckily my CFL light set up was enough to light my office. I attached an air pump to it in case, they shut the power off which they have done a few occassions. If there was any casualities there it'd be amano shrimp food.

I'll be working remotely from home until they restore traffic lights and gas stations. Chaotic lines congested the parkway during mid afternoon that I thought there was an accident and overly aggressive or timid drivers make it hard to drive around with no traffic lights.
mach_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #18
PlantedRich
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

When you mention the traffic problems it brings back old memories of working. I used to be on a storm restoration crew and traffic was always a problem that the folks in the area never quite had figured.
We would blow into town and meet a full range of responses. Some are glad to see help arrive but there are others that foam at the mouth because you didn't get there sooner. Remember that traffic that you can't get through? Try doing that traffic in a truck with a forty foot pole behind it! That tunnel that's full of water may be slowing down the people trying to restore things.
They can't fix it until they can get there! And they can't get there until the road is open. If people want their service back they should NOT get out and look around at the damage.
PlantedRich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #19
rhody9
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Day 4 of no power in coastal RI and so far all my fish are still alive in my 55, 29 and son's 10. Really hoping for power tonight. My wife and I have been pouring tank water over the filters (HOB) seems to have helped. We were lucky no damage. There are lots of big pines and oaks everywhere just snapped off like twigs.
rhody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #20
PinkRasbora
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to PinkRasbora

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Aq...ref=ts&fref=ts

That place is housing pets for free if your close. I suppose other fish stores might as well, check with whats around you, might be able to get some fresh tank water or something to help
PinkRasbora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #21
concepts88
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (9/100%)

This is incredible for Route 4 Aquarium to do this. I am going to visit them more often after everything is back to normal, and I am going to support them.
Nikon Pimp #82
concepts88 is online now   Reply With Quote