My ever-evolving tank (picture heavy) - Page 12
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 11-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #166
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by callisto9 View Post
OK, I finally just read through all your thread! Amazing tank! I like how methodical you are with everything (ie: the pics of the plants). And your angels are beautiful. One fish I wish I could keep (but tank is too small). Love your setup and look forward to seeing what you do with it next!
Thank you! I'm glad you like it I really enjoy my Angelfish. They are so much like me Betta being that they are very sociable with humans. When ever anyone goes up to the tank the Angels (and the Betta) will swim up to the glass facing it head on. I feed them by hand. Something I had to do because I used to have Puntius Denisonii in the tank; they ate lightning fast, too fast for the Angels. They are great fish! If you ever get a large enough tank you should get some!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #167
callisto9
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

My gourami is kinda like that - always comes up to the front of the tank when I approach.

Wow, I must've glossed over the part where you said your tank was four feet long! Wish I had room for something like that.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #168
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
My gourami is kinda like that - always comes up to the front of the tank when I approach.

Wow, I must've glossed over the part where you said your tank was four feet long! Wish I had room for something like that.
That's cool! I just asked you about that in a thread of yours. I thought Gouramis were like Bettas in that respect. Even the ones at the pet store seem interested in people for more than just food.

My husband doesn't hink we have room for it . He liked the 30 gallon much better. I found an awesome 6' tank on craigslist complete with everything you need for a tank including Co2 setup for only $300 and they would deliver it! He would not budge on that one. I sure tried though! Still wish I had it. Man what I could have done with a tank that size.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #169
callisto9
Planted Member

I could put a tank downstairs, but with no water supply down there... LOL

I've noticed that when people are getting out of the hobby, aquarium stuff goes CHEAP!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #170
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Think about the toned legs you'd get out of the deal! A fish tank in the basement without a water supply = hauling buckets of water upstairs to dumb the old tank water and hauling new water back downstairs. I used to haul buckets up/down stairs actually when we had a fish tank in my son's room upstairs.

It does seem that when people want out, they want out quick! So, they sell stuff cheap. After one month went by without getting the tank from the guy, he called me and asked if he could just drop it off for free. He couldn't sell the thing!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #171
callisto9
Planted Member

No way! I hate doing water changes in my 20G tank! There's no way I'm going to put a tank in the basement!

Yes, there are some real deals to be had on Craigslist. Wish I'd looked harder before I bought all my stuff new.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:56 AM   #172
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
No way! I hate doing water changes in my 20G tank! There's no way I'm going to put a tank in the basement!

Yes, there are some real deals to be had on Craigslist. Wish I'd looked harder before I bought all my stuff new.

LOL! Looking at your Cat Avatar and reading this goes together perfectly!
Old 11-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #173
callisto9
Planted Member

I love that cat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_S5cXbXe-4
Old 11-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #174
chad320
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (101/100%)

Fantastic! I love the jungle look and the Alaskan granite! I cant wait to see this all fill in and the anubias attach jungle roots to the wood. Awesome work Amanda!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #175
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
That is the oddest thing I've ever seen a cat do! Is it your cat?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #176
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad320 View Post
Fantastic! I love the jungle look and the Alaskan granite! I cant wait to see this all fill in and the anubias attach jungle roots to the wood. Awesome work Amanda!

Thank you Chad I am looking forward to the plants establishing themselves too. It'll be nice to cut the fishing line once the Anubias attaches itself. One day I want to add a Cockatoo Appistrogramma pair and hope they will choose the Mopani cave I created for them. However, they may just choose something else to take up residence in.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #177
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

wow, long read for such a short amount of time. LOL tank looks great Amanda i'm not normally a fan of jungle style tanks, but i do like this one.

i may have a python lying around. i don't use them, created my own drain/fill setup. if i have it, it's your's, just cover the shipping. it should fit in a medium box. it won't have the tubing though, but you can get that cheap at home depot or lowes.

last thing, i will be sending a shipment of plants up to Learner after your sprinig breaks, if you remind me at that time and you need anything, let me know and i'll send some up to you as well. and just an fyi, i don't just build frog tanks
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #178
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
wow, long read for such a short amount of time. LOL tank looks great Amanda i'm not normally a fan of jungle style tanks, but i do like this one.

i may have a python lying around. i don't use them, created my own drain/fill setup. if i have it, it's your's, just cover the shipping. it should fit in a medium box. it won't have the tubing though, but you can get that cheap at home depot or lowes.

last thing, i will be sending a shipment of plants up to Learner after your sprinig breaks, if you remind me at that time and you need anything, let me know and i'll send some up to you as well. and just an fyi, i don't just build frog tanks
It did turn into a jungle LOL! Wasn't the intension, but is how it unfolded and I love it. What makes me love it more than anything else is the fish. They have shown 100% approval of the new swet up! It's great. I love the fact that all the fish in the tank can dissapear from sight at any moment. Now that's cool IMO.

That is a very kind offer! I'll have to concider that! We've got a Home Depot here so I will have to take a look at what tubing varieties they offer. I don't mind the water changes with the buckets though. It does keep me in shape How big is a python; I'm sure it doesn't weigh much right?

I will keep you in mind when spring arrives Thank you for your offer. I think I probably am pretty much set with plants, but time will tell Who knows what will happen over this long winter. Spring is so far off.

So do tell...if you don't just do frog tanks, what else do you have? Do you have a Planted "fish tank" thread hiding somewhere? BTW...I do love your frog tanks Frogs are so dang cute! I wanted to have some aquatic frogs, but thankfully did my research and found they would not fair well in my tank because it is far too deep.

Anyway! I'm proud you like my jungle especially that you don't typically like jungles.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #179
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

you have the key right there, as long as the fish are happy, and you like the look of the tank, then it's perfect

i do have a planted tank "or two" around the house. i had about 7 going in my fishroom for a while (as more were being set up), but a slight misjudgment with some pesticide on my wife's part wiped out my shrimp population and the tanks they were in. here's one of my current tanks, a 75 planted. please forgive the pic, it got a massive hack job done to it yesterday:

what you don't see is the stands of ludwigia sp. 'red', pantanal and pogostemon stellatus growing up in the background, here :

i will look for that python in the next few days. it is not heavy at all, i think it costs about $11 to ship a med flat rate box. tubing isn't all that much. but look into it, and let me know.

and come springtime, you're gonna want new plants, we all do when the weather breaks....LOL

show hubby all the vivariums and paludariums out on the web and tell him he can build something like that with a 6 ft tank, that should get his interest......LOL
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 12:25 AM   #180
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ahhhh so you do have more than frog tanks! You have a pretty nice habitat there! What fish are enjoying this great scape? I think I see White Cloud Mountain Minnows, but not sure if they could be the other species that is similar...gosh why can't I recall the name? Seems to happen to me often when I'm posting I forget the correct names of both fish and plants.

Too bad about the pesticide mistake. Ouch. My husband was spraying Lysol right above the tank the other day in grate quantity and I freaked out He thinks I'm crazy and the fish would be just fine even if the Lysol was sprayed directly into the tank. I don't think so. My Betta gulps air at the surface and the 2 Angels copy her (thinking she's getting food I guess)

Good idea with the vivariums and paludariums , but he's just not into pets. Really. His favorite line is "Seems too much like work to me". He doesn't like the dog or cats either. He just tolerates them because he loves me and I love them. sigh.

Things would be easier if he had the same passion for maintaining an aquarium as I do. But, then we would be really broke I spose cuz he loves to shop and I love to collect for my tank LOL!

Tags
aquascape, driftwood, echo complete, rescape, substrate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.