My ever-evolving tank (picture heavy) - Page 11
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 11-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #151
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVT View Post
And I've been looking for Limnophila aquatica high and low, and even posted a WTB for it couple of months ago. Sooo... look where it appears...

So, now the question is: how do I get my little sticky hands on some stems?!? Do I now have to beg Amanda for her trimmings or try to strong-arm Sethjohnson30 into a trade?!?! You both are now on my radar

Tank is getting along. I would remove the air stone in a day or so, don't see much need for it now. Use it again for several days when you introduce your Diamonds.

I'm still hauling buckets during my WCs: builds characters, big biceps, but kills my back. If I ever get to build another house, I'll have to remember to plumb it right: who needs a sink in the kitchen? I need a water-line and a drain in EVERY room
Wait....who said I had it??? I have lymphnophilla aromatica? Not sure of that's the same thing. But once it grows in I am down for a trade.
This is what I have
Sethjohnson30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #152
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (142/100%)

Limnophila aquatica?!? I thought Amanda got it from you?
OVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #153
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

Nope not me
Sethjohnson30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #154
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Nice setup!

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #155
AUvet14
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

Quote:
Limnophila aquatica?!? I thought Amanda got it from you?
She got it from me I should have more to trim in a couple weeks. I can let you know when it's ready
AUvet14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #156
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethjohnson30 View Post
I use a thermometer at the tap to set the temp and I add the water conditioner in 2 doses while it's filling up. I've been doing it this way for two years without a problem. I got rid of my brackish tank because I had to mix 6 buckets of water every week. My fw tanks took 10 minutes to change while my brackish tank took an hour or more every time. Although I was still able to drain the tank with the siphon.

I will have to see what I can find here. No more shopping online with the credit card. My husband hates seeing me lugging buckets, so I think he would be all for me buying something to elleviate the buckets. He's afraid I'm going to hurt myself. I'm sure it is scary to see me do it because I am only 5'4 and the top of the tank on the stand is right below my chin so I have to lift the 5 gallon bucket and balance the neck on the edge of the tank to take some of the weight off (I fill it 1/2 an inch below the top of the bucket). Then I stand there pouring ever so carefully and slowly so I don't disturb the plants or substrate.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #157
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
And I've been looking for Limnophila aquatica high and low, and even posted a WTB for it couple of months ago. Sooo... look where it appears...

So, now the question is: how do I get my little sticky hands on some stems?!? Do I now have to beg Amanda for her trimmings or try to strong-arm Sethjohnson30 into a trade?!?! You both are now on my radar

Tank is getting along. I would remove the air stone in a day or so, don't see much need for it now. Use it again for several days when you introduce your Diamonds.

I'm still hauling buckets during my WCs: builds characters, big biceps, but kills my back. If I ever get to build another house, I'll have to remember to plumb it right: who needs a sink in the kitchen? I need a water-line and a drain in EVERY room
Quote:
o..O and those pictures of pink hue remind me what the water looks like when sharks go in for the kill...
Really??? I will have to give you some when it gets going! I would be honored! I got it from AuVet14 though not Seth. But of course you should try Auvet14 first. He will have some long before me.

It'll be weird not dropping the airstone into the tank everynight. I am lucky to have my tank just around the corner from the bathroom where I dump the water, and a few steps away from the garage where I fill the buckets. It used to hurt my back, but now I've mastered keeping my core tight when I lift so theres no back strain. Took a bit to get it down, but I've got it!

Arrrrr sharks! So manly then the pink hue is HaHa!

Last edited by Amandas tank; 11-24-2012 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: add
Amandas tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #158
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMYukonon24s View Post
Nice setup!
Thank you
Old 11-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #159
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUvet14 View Post
She got it from me I should have more to trim in a couple weeks. I can let you know when it's ready
Yeppers! I got it from this guy! Very nice, healthy, stems! Thank you Auvet!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #160
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

You Turkey OVT! Now I see the pink in a new light...ew. It does look like sharks just finished feeding. Nasty. From the front side you can't see any pink though.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #161
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (142/100%)

OVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #162
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Where's the angel with the horns at LOL!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:02 AM   #163
Gold Finger
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Lm. (Lovely microcosm)

I really appreciate this tank. If I weren't attached to messy fish and limited by the bare bottom and need for waste control, I would like to think my tank would look a lot more like yours. Someone said yours has a mysterious quality and it does. It interests me in a way that styles like the old dutch or modern 'scaped tanks just dont. I think you and I have a similar aesthetic, though I have yet to manifest it very well at all. I don't want to create a pretty picture I want to capture a detailed piece of life... something not contrived but majical. A small world... and you have done so nicely.

Ver. 2.0 bare bottom same tank another approach (defunct)

Ver. 3.0 Pool filter sand same tank now

Farming Algae

Goldfish are among the worst fish for beginners.
Gold Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:49 AM   #164
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Finger View Post
Lm. (Lovely microcosm)

I really appreciate this tank. If I weren't attached to messy fish and limited by the bare bottom and need for waste control, I would like to think my tank would look a lot more like yours. Someone said yours has a mysterious quality and it does. It interests me in a way that styles like the old dutch or modern 'scaped tanks just dont. I think you and I have a similar aesthetic, though I have yet to manifest it very well at all. I don't want to create a pretty picture I want to capture a detailed piece of life... something not contrived but majical. A small world... and you have done so nicely.
Wow thank you. I really like your detailed appreciation for my tank. Just as you said. I capture a detailed piece of life. Couldn't be described any better than that. I wanted something that could make my fish happy and provide "adventure" and a "playground" while looking appealing to me.

Ya know just a minute ago I went to feed my fish, and I only could see the Kuhli Loaches! The other fish were completely invisible. That says to me I did it just right. I wanted my fish to be seen when they want to and retire from sight when it suits them. I have a full grown Angel in the tank and could not find it! Suddenly the Betta and 2 Angels appeared which seemed like "out-of-nowhere". Really cool. The flip side is that the illusive Kuhli Loach clan has become an extraverted group of show offs since adding the Lake Rocks. They are always out now and swim diagonally across the front of the tank throughout the day! Now that's really cool!

So, again, I thank you for your comment. This tank is my baby. I am very pleased with it and its great to hear others enjoy it for the very reason I do.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #165
callisto9
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

OK, I finally just read through all your thread! Amazing tank! I like how methodical you are with everything (ie: the pics of the plants). And your angels are beautiful. One fish I wish I could keep (but tank is too small). Love your setup and look forward to seeing what you do with it next!

Tags
aquascape, driftwood, echo complete, rescape, substrate