want to rescape plz help ^^
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 12-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
forester
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)

want to rescape plz help ^^

want to do a rescape but not sure on any ideas , i love my DW all the flame/xmas moss i have recently attached is started to grown nicely on the branches . i want to have that as the high;light so def gonna get rid of the rotala behind that part of tank (middle) . thinking of dumpin the HC and spreading the dwarf sag over the entire front of tank . would also like to keep the L. repens maybe putting more of it it , always get a really nice red out of them ^^ . another thing i want to keep is the huge bed of subwassurtang in the middle bottom , it is actually almost like a bowl the way the DW is done up and my cherry's live in it ! any ideas would be great , i am not very creative and i feel like while i am and proud of my tank i feel it is a bit ...busy ??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my baby ^^.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	58315  

forester is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
rowrunner
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I know the feeling of wanting to change up. Your tank looks good, so I have no advice just wanted to give you the props.
Substrate Gravel
Ferts Florish

First tank journal
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=184548
rowrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
Kathyy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

^+1 Beautiful tank.

Since you suspect it is too busy and you don't want all the stems that are in there now why not pull all the stems out and take a good look at the tank. Use the stems you want to keep to fill the area that looks bare to you. Let it grow in and reevaluate in a couple weeks. You might feel that the wood placement could be tweaked or a plant might be better in a different spot at that point.

You could paste a photo of the tank into Paint and c/p the dwarf sag over the entire foreground to see if it makes the tank look right to you so you don't have to make that big decision completely on faith.

You could draw lines at the 1/3 marks vertically and horizontally to see if important points are placed well and move those points a bit to see if that changes things. Bet you could do that on a picture in Paint too.

Remember that new moss plantings are rougher than they will be in time. Once you start trimming them back and allowing them to grow back the moss will be more even.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
tomfromstlouis
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

I like your tank the way it is. It has short, medium and tall plants, all arranged in a coherent composition. The tallest plants need a trim so that they do not lean. Start with that and show us again what you have, perhaps with a little more brightness.
RAOK Club #76

220g altum, 75g high tech, 6g shrimp: one office, three tanks http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=183658

Last edited by tomfromstlouis; 12-06-2012 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: edit
tomfromstlouis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
Jonnywhoop
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (20/100%)

trim the stems and replant them. cluster the same species of plants together to create a more bushier effect. its a great layout and the DW does look very nice, it just needs to be organized a bit. for example, that limnophilia stem is just out there. maybe cut it half way and replant it. that way it wouldnt be a half way shredded stem, soon enough you can propagate it again and again creating a cluster. goodluck
Jonnywhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #6
forester
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)

thanks so much yall !!gonna try to the pic paint thing and see if i can get a idea of wat to do and jonny that plant does look bad but right now i got three shoots off the bottom that is post pic and trying to let them grow before clippin the good stalk , it is the nymphea "golden top" or something like that lol , slow grower ^^ .
forester is offline   Reply With Quote