Maxspec Razor 8000k fixtures info?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 12-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Idrankwhat
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Maxspec Razor 8000k fixtures info?

Does anyone have any test data from these? Thinking of switching over from my T-5s but they have a crazy amount of output from the 27 inch fixture, 120 watts. Seems like an awful lot for for a 36 inch long 20 inch deep tank but I love the color output and built in tweaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Idrankwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
Texan78
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Were you expecting replies in less than 2 hours on a Saturday 4 days before Christmas?

The only Maxspec Razor fixtures I familiar with they use on reef tanks. I don't know about anyone using them for planted.

For the price you can get a BML or Finnex fixture with better results and suited for a planted tank and come out with more money in your pocket.
Texan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #3
DemonUnleashed
Algae Grower

If you do a google search about it a couple of review threads come up. As well as a few YouTube videos. I was looking at getting one of these for my 50 gallon breeder I just setup. But I came across a t5ho fixture with a price you can't beat. FREE!
DemonUnleashed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #4
Idrankwhat
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan78 View Post
Were you expecting replies in less than 2 hours on a Saturday 4 days before Christmas?

The only Maxspec Razor fixtures I familiar with they use on reef tanks. I don't know about anyone using them for planted.

For the price you can get a BML or Finnex fixture with better results and suited for a planted tank and come out with more money in your pocket.

Yeah I know. What was I thinking. I get shopping done earlier in the season. I'm looking for something with a little more output than a Finnex for 57 gallon though and the Razors have a great design. Have a great holiday everyone.

Old 12-22-2013, 03:58 AM   #5
Matsnork
Planted Tank Obsessed

Ive seen a few 8k razors around the web but never any complaints.
I believe the razors are the cheapest option for controllable high output led. Would buy one myself if money was no object.
Matsnork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
Texan78
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Look at the BML lights seriously. They are also about to release a new controller soon too and if you use an Apex it already works with it. A lot more light output and cheaper than the Razor. IMO the BML look is a lot more sleeker. While the razor looks cool that design is mainly for air flow for the fixture but is overkill on the design and sacrifices it being compact and streamline. You would also be restricted to one fixture if you go with the razor because of the design you wouldn't be able to fit two. BML also just released a new XB series which is suppose to be 37% more output than their orignal series which is already has a hella output.
Texan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
Idrankwhat
Planted Member

Thanks Tex I'll give them a peek. They are pretty sleek.