Need info / help first ever nano
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 07-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
Beano1169

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question

Need info / help first ever nano

Hey, I am going to start a 2.65 gallon planted aquarium for a awesome looking betta. I am going to attempt to design this tank as such

http://www.aquascapingworld.com/thre...by-adist.3873/

this idea is so cool, however I have never done a planted aquarium this elaborate. I am hoping for some advice on the types of substrate, Co2 injectors, types of plants, lighting essentials, flow and filtration needs, and possibly some ideas on how to actually pull this off. hope to hear some feed back! thanks
Beano1169 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
MamaJu
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

I love the hobbit themed scape.

From the site:

"Flora:
Eleocharis parvula
Fissidens fontanus
Vesicularia

Hardscape material:
Silica sand, lava rock, some grey stones, small battens and driftwood

Lighting: 2*15W T8

CO2: Pressurized CO2 for first 3 months then removed."

For the mound, I would use a hairnet to wrap moss around the lava rock. I did this with Christmas moss and it looks great.

In regards to the tree, I think you just use thread to wrap the Fissidens around the branches. I think the secret is to get a piece of wood with lots of branching so that the canopy looks full when it grows in. Unfortunately I am just guessing since I have not done the tree thing yet.

Do you think there will be enough room for the betta to swim? How will you handle algae? Perhaps you could add an amano shrimp. Please share a journal of your project as I'm interested in how it will turn out. Good luck.
MamaJu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
Beano1169

PTrader: (0/0%)

I will do my best and thank you for your input I will try to post pics and everything as I go along with this plan haha
algae wont be an issue porbs will add like ottocats and amanos, possibly some small cherry or ninja shrimp so long as they can get into the hobbit house for safey from the betta.
Beano1169 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.