The Planted Tank Forum banner

10g rocky community

10K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  oliver77 
#1 ·

cardinal tetra, green tetra, rummynose, guppies.

ada amazonia, and shirui sand

See less See more
#6 ·
I have no idea about the plants' names, to be honest.

i used to have a bunch more that i bought from a lfs, but ALL of them melted/died due to lack of skill on my part. so what's left are the 'easy' plants i guess.. the tank has 2 8w cfl. no co2. no ferts (or very little fert dosing - i have a bottle of liquid fert that i squirt in there maybe once a month). minimum care. i don't even do weekly WC anymore.

nice setup! I always like the "peppered" look on white sand
thanks! those peppers are ada substrates that was 'carried' by the snails. i can spot 2 types of snails in the tank - originates from plant hitchhikings.

#9 ·
I really like the rocks with the sand. what kind of rocks are those? when the plants in the middle grow taller, your fish will probably feel a little more comfortable around you with the extra places to hide. I've had that issue with a shoal of carinal tetras. takes time but they should adjust.

#13 ·
Thanks Fat Guy. I have no idea what kind of rocks these are as well. I found them at my hometown's waterfall area.

Do you think it will look better if the plants at the middle grow taller? I was only planning to have them half-tank high. At the moment I am still trimming them real low and replanting that space - it is not fully planted yet.

Its a good setup.

I think u have rotala rotundifolia its a strong low tech plant.

Your fish are new n with time they'll get used to you watching them
Thanks Rony11, and cheers for the plant ID. it is a bit messy at our lfs, all plants, and fish don't even have any name labels.

i like your rockscape. are you using a mixed substrate? fluval stratum + PFS substrate perhaps?

- thefisherman
Thanks thefisherman. No mixed substrate. It is just Amazonia ADA Substrate. That's all. The tank has undergone several rescapes (it's been about 1 year old now).

Thanks all for checking out my tank! :)

#10 ·
I like the rocks :) Very nice tank.

#29 ·
Hey thanks for checking my tank!

Yeah, I was thinking of red plants but I haven't found any that I can grow in this low tech non co2 non fert tank. I did try Alternanthera once, but they just melted and melted and never grew back... :icon_eek: That's when I decided to fill up that center area with 100% rotala. I kind of like how it is now...

rustbucket, tinkerpuppet, GreenBliss, Jayme, callisto9, Steveboos, Tcal01,
THANKS FOR THE LOVE GUYS! I really appreciate your nice comments.. :proud:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.