Anyone have any Scarlet Badis/Dario Dario for sale?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Washington


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
SeattleFishGuy
Planted Member
 
SeattleFishGuy's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 150
Default

Anyone have any Scarlet Badis/Dario Dario for sale?


I'm looking for a pair of Scarlet Badis/Dario Dario... does anybody have them for sale or know of a LFS in the Seattle area who carries them?

I did call Denny's in Kirkland and The Fish Store in Seattle, Denny's has had them recently but not right now and The Fish Store usually doesn't have them. I know I can get them through members here but I would prefer not to ship unless I have to.

Cheers!
SeattleFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #2
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru
 
Seattle_Aquarist's Avatar
 
PTrader: (38/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,575
Default

Hi SeattleFishGuy,

You might try A Place for Pets in Burien; they carry a lot of the more unusual species. Ask for Kevin, he usually knows what is in stock since he does most of the ordering.
__________________
Roy
45 Gallon Tall; 96 Watt AH Supply CF; 6700K; & 30 Gallon Long; 2X36 Watt AH Supply CF; Press. CO2; UGF; Heat Treated Montmorillonite Clay
Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS)

Seattle_Aquarist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:23 AM   #3
SeattleFishGuy
Planted Member
 
SeattleFishGuy's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist View Post
Hi SeattleFishGuy,

You might try A Place for Pets in Burien; they carry a lot of the more unusual species. Ask for Kevin, he usually knows what is in stock since he does most of the ordering.
Thanks, I'll give them a call!
SeattleFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:10 AM   #4
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru
 
Seattle_Aquarist's Avatar
 
PTrader: (38/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,575
Default

Hi SeattleFishGuy,

I went by A Place for Pets in Burien and they have juvie Badis badis / Scarlet Badis in stock.
__________________
Roy
45 Gallon Tall; 96 Watt AH Supply CF; 6700K; & 30 Gallon Long; 2X36 Watt AH Supply CF; Press. CO2; UGF; Heat Treated Montmorillonite Clay
Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS)

Seattle_Aquarist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:24 AM   #5
SeattleFishGuy
Planted Member
 
SeattleFishGuy's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist View Post
Hi SeattleFishGuy,

I went by A Place for Pets in Burien and they have juvie Badis badis / Scarlet Badis in stock.
Thanks Roy, looks like I know where I'm going this week. Did you catch the price, or how many they had? Just curious...
SeattleFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
Rob in Puyallup
Opae Ula Crazed.
 
Rob in Puyallup's Avatar
 
PTrader: (3/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 1,400
Default

I saw some at Midway Saturday. Unfortunately, the place has really gone down hill and not sure I'd recommend the place.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy II using Tapatalk 2
Rob in Puyallup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru
 
Seattle_Aquarist's Avatar
 
PTrader: (38/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleFishGuy View Post
Thanks Roy, looks like I know where I'm going this week. Did you catch the price, or how many they had? Just curious...
Hi SeattleFishGuy,

I spotted at least 3 or so in the tank; sorry I didn't make note of the price. I would definitely suggest calling prior to making the drive to insure they are still available.
__________________
Roy
45 Gallon Tall; 96 Watt AH Supply CF; 6700K; & 30 Gallon Long; 2X36 Watt AH Supply CF; Press. CO2; UGF; Heat Treated Montmorillonite Clay
Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS)

Seattle_Aquarist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
SeattleFishGuy
Planted Member
 
SeattleFishGuy's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist View Post
Hi SeattleFishGuy,

I spotted at least 3 or so in the tank; sorry I didn't make note of the price. I would definitely suggest calling prior to making the drive to insure they are still available.
Thanks Roy, there were quite a few left (most were hiding) and they were $5 which is a good price too! I picked up two, one of them had very dull coloring and so i'm hoping that's a female but only time will tell.

I'll post a picture when they come out from hiding!
SeattleFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #9
SeattleFishGuy
Planted Member
 
SeattleFishGuy's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 150
Default

Here are the Dario Dario in my tank tonight. The store said they had them about 10 days or so and they are feeding them flakes, which I was surprised at but we'll see what happens I will feed them flakes, frozen blood worms and brine shrimp. See what they take too...










Couldn't get a picture of them together as they are trying to figure out who owns what part of the tank. Also i'm going to pull my three RCS from this tank as they will be bait soon as these little guys grow to full size.
SeattleFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #10
Couesfanatic
Wannabe Guru
 
Couesfanatic's Avatar
 
PTrader: (31/100%)
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 1,772
Default

looks like all males to me. love these little fish though.
__________________
Couesfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #11
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru
 
Seattle_Aquarist's Avatar
 
PTrader: (38/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleFishGuy View Post
Here are the Dario Dario in my tank tonight. The store said they had them about 10 days or so and they are feeding them flakes, which I was surprised at but we'll see what happens I will feed them flakes, frozen blood worms and brine shrimp. See what they take too...

Couldn't get a picture of them together as they are trying to figure out who owns what part of the tank. Also i'm going to pull my three RCS from this tank as they will be bait soon as these little guys grow to full size.
Hi SeattleFishGuy,

When I kept them they would eat flakes (reluctantly) but enjoyed live food a lot, including the White Worms (Enchytraeus albidus) I raise. When they were small like the ones at APFP they could only eat the smaller sized worms. A few GSAS members raise Grindal Worms and daphnia which might be better choices for the size you picked up. Sierra Fish and Pets in Renton brings in live Brine Shrimp every two weeks, call and find out when the next shipment comes in if interested.
__________________
Roy
45 Gallon Tall; 96 Watt AH Supply CF; 6700K; & 30 Gallon Long; 2X36 Watt AH Supply CF; Press. CO2; UGF; Heat Treated Montmorillonite Clay
Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS)

Seattle_Aquarist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #12
SeattleFishGuy
Planted Member
 
SeattleFishGuy's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couesfanatic View Post
looks like all males to me. love these little fish though.
You could be right, however I'm not confident I even got a pic of both of them seperatley yet as they are hiding, darting all over and were camera shy, ill try and post a pic of them together if i can. One is much duller in color than the other so i was hoping for a female but I do know most LFS only carry or get males as they look much nicer.
SeattleFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #13
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru
 
Seattle_Aquarist's Avatar
 
PTrader: (38/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleFishGuy View Post
You could be right, however I'm not confident I even got a pic of both of them seperatley yet as they are hiding, darting all over and were camera shy, ill try and post a pic of them together if i can. One is much duller in color than the other so i was hoping for a female but I do know most LFS only carry or get males as they look much nicer.
Hi SeattleFishGuy,

It took several months before I was able to differentiate between the males and females in my group of five.
__________________
Roy
45 Gallon Tall; 96 Watt AH Supply CF; 6700K; & 30 Gallon Long; 2X36 Watt AH Supply CF; Press. CO2; UGF; Heat Treated Montmorillonite Clay
Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS)

Seattle_Aquarist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #14
SeattleFishGuy
Planted Member
 
SeattleFishGuy's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist View Post
Hi SeattleFishGuy,

It took several months before I was able to differentiate between the males and females in my group of five.
Thanks Roy, I told Kevin you sent me! Nice guy and a great collection, more than I expected. And it was nice to get a GSAS discount too. I did ask if they had any live microworm cultures but they were out.
SeattleFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #15
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru
 
Seattle_Aquarist's Avatar
 
PTrader: (38/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleFishGuy View Post
Thanks Roy, I told Kevin you sent me! Nice guy and a great collection, more than I expected. And it was nice to get a GSAS discount too. I did ask if they had any live microworm cultures but they were out.
Hi SeattleFishGuy,

Throw a post up on 'airstone' several members do microworms; only few do Grindal worms. If you have trouble finding either let me know and maybe I can help.

-Roy
__________________
Roy
45 Gallon Tall; 96 Watt AH Supply CF; 6700K; & 30 Gallon Long; 2X36 Watt AH Supply CF; Press. CO2; UGF; Heat Treated Montmorillonite Clay
Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS)

Seattle_Aquarist is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012