Shrimpo_Brian's Emersed Tub Journal: WEEK 8
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 08-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
Shrimpo_Brian
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Shrimpo_Brian's Emersed Tub Journal: WEEK 8

This journal is a continuation of my emersed tub journal posted on the Plants forum. To view weeks 1-5, click here

Last edited by Shrimpo_Brian; 08-19-2013 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: Title
Shrimpo_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
Shrimpo_Brian
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Okay, for week 6!
The plants have been doing great, the rotala has started to reach for the light, and the DHG keeps on growing, producing runners, and being happy. The bacopa hasn't grown much since the last update, but it's not dead either, so I'll just have to wait and see. The java fern, java moss, staurogyne repens, and riccia have been great, still green, and adapting to emergent conditions. The salvinia, frogbit, and water lettuce have been dying, but lots of green growth have been popping up here and there. I just want to say, having an emersed tub/tank is a lot of fun and I also learn a lot from my experiences at having one. I'm so glad I joined this website!
P.S. I also changed the position of the light to the longer side of the tub to give more light to the plants, and everything has responded well to it.
Picture time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3702.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	187265  

Name:	DSCN3699.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	187273  

Name:	DSCN3700.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	187281  

Name:	DSCN3703.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	187289  

Name:	DSCN3704.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	187297  

Old 08-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
Shrimpo_Brian
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Sorry for not posting last week, I had some school training to do for some incoming students at my school.
Week 8!
The plants have been doing great for the last two weeks. For some odd reason, the dwarf hairgrass hasn't been growing, but it's not dying either. It's just there. The runners that it produced isn't growing either, just standing there. I don't know what's wrong with it, but I'm glad that it isn't dead. The floating plants have been doing great, there are some runners coming from the water lettuce and the frogbit, so that means that they have adapted to the light and water conditions in the tub. Yay! The stem plants (bacopa, rotala, and staurogyne) have been slow growing, but they're going along. I added a limnophila aromatica plantlet in there on saturday, and it's going fine. The miscellaneous plants (riccia, java fern, and java moss) are growing great, the java fern has rooted, and I'm waiting for emersed plantlets to form! The java moss has gripped on to the soils, and it's doing good, and the riccia has stayed the same, I've seen some small lumps form on the edges, so it's definitely growing a little bit!
P.S. I'm definitely considering doing a Christmas or Thanksgiving RAOK! I'll probably use the plants in my tub as the prizes, and/or the plants in my tank also. Tell me what you think about the idea, and I'll think about it! Until then, let's admire some pictures! (Sorry for my horrible photography skills)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN3745.jpg
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	194970  

Name:	DSCN3746.jpg
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	194978  

Name:	DSCN3748.jpg
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	194986  

Name:	DSCN3749.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	194994  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.