Help on new planted tank with Rotala Indica
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fertilizers and Water Parameters

Old 10-11-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
gunnerstahl

PTrader: (0/0%)

Help on new planted tank with Rotala Indica

i really need some advice and help making this tank grow. i've had a lot of different problems and have just reset with a 50% water change and a ph reducing additive.

+29g tank
+aquaclear 20 filter
+sponge filter with a 10g rated air pump
+eheim 2210 for 95g tank canister filter (only used for me to develop bio filtration and move it to a larger tank i plan to set up)
+2x 39w T5 bulbs with daysun 6500K lighting
+fluorite substrate (30 pounds or about 3 inches)
+api root tabs

I am dosing micros from a fluorish comprehensive bottle, and carbon dioxide from co2 booster api bottle to their directions.
thinking the problems were due to ph ( i have a 8.2 ph from tap water ), i just started with using ph down from api to get it down to 7.4 before putting the water into my tank (also use api dechlorinator).

what is the problem here? a lot of algae is growing on the plants and glass and i had a lot of new leaf growth off the nodes of rotala indica, but all those old leaves fell off at the same nodes. i had a bamboo plant that had been growing for a year, but one day it grew all yellow and limp after i introduced the indica and started dosing. i also have a new small crypt (introduced with the indica) which is getting alot of holes in the leaves. there were also 2 anubias barteri in there. the leaves are bright green and yellow, yellow veins, the roots are bright green though. one of the 2 barteri the leaves are rotting yellow and brown and falling off.

help

Last edited by gunnerstahl; 10-11-2012 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: wrong facts
gunnerstahl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.